Status cheated me! How can I get my money back?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by kennyvcobb, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Wouldn't the part about "must be picked up in the morning" have been in the rate confirmation? If so, then you have nobody to blame.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kennyvcobb

kennyvcobb Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I really don't want to talk with you any more. What you said just the funnest joke I ever heard. By the way, never look down others and never think you are more successful than others.

4. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    The rate confirmation didn't say " must be picked up in the morning". Status signed the contract before they asked me to accept the load or not.They got this load at 8 am and it pays 2500, they called me about this load at 12 and they had known the broker would cut the pay, so they told me it paid 2100. I refused to accept it. Then they cheated me and told me the broker added 400 which is a lie. And after I delivered the load, they paid me 2500. After serval weeks they cut my pay and they told me they negotiated with the broker for a long time which is another lie. And they told me the reason is I delayed to pick up the load which another lie.
    Anyway, again, it is not about the 400, it is about cheating.

5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    You can stand on principal but it will cost you more than $400 to try and collect that money. The other issue is that you are basing your current decision on emotion. This is a business decision and needs to be made without emotion and that means that you decide what to do based on financial reasons. This is the reason that people are telling you to move on and forget about it. Even your responses in this thread are emotional in nature. Once you figure this out you will sleep better.

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

I didn't start the personal attacks. You asked for advice and I gave you my take on it.

Good luck, hope things go better for you. And I mean that.

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You're right. Dirty pool. The desk jockey threw the driver under the bus. So, what are you going to do now, amigo? Staying at the Status playground, or are you taking your toys and going somewhere else?

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow, the op needs to learn that this is a business, and if you are worried about $400, which can be written off maybe this is not the business for them.

but that said ... Ask for the bill going to the broker and see if the company billed the money to prove that they cheated. By law they have to give it to you.

9. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    I am not emotional to talk about this 400. It is about cheating. They can cheat once, how about all the loads I did in the past three years? That is a big number. And all the status oo?
    Sometimes business need principle too.
    Thank you all your replies!

10. StatusDispatch

StatusDispatch Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2015
    $400 was deducted for not following the agreed schedule.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  11. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    Whose agreed schedule? When you got the load, you even didn't tell me. I accepted it till afternoon. How can I pick up on time? And it is 200% not my fault, why you steal my money? Shame on you! Liars

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.