Stay Away from Conway Truckload!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Fat Slob, Jun 29, 2012.

1. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013

think it like this. you are going regional to be home more. so you should expect a loss in mileage. that is your trade out. less miles to be home more.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    sometimes drivers do bring it on their selves. most people that have to work with drivers. get pulled into a fight with a driver. I never would let drivers suck me into "their problems". it's not going to do me any good. so I like the rest do my job. the one we are paid to do. and could care less about the problems others have doing there job. so stick to the plan!!!! shut the fluck up and do your job. that's what everyone else does. and they see it like this. the job is going to get done with or with out you.

4. trucker1206

trucker1206 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have to agree! We are hired to drive and deliver loads on time. If that is a problem then you are in the wrong profession. I want the miles.... I want the paycheck.... the more you sit and complain the less miles you are going to get. They want me to start orientation on Tuesday. I know conway drivers get miles. I am starting Midwest regional. I only plan on coming home every other weekend. So I shouldn't do too bad.

Be safe out there!

5. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    just take what they give you for work. learn to manage the money coming in. and enjoy the time you spend at home. be nice to them. and don't let other drivers try and run you off the job. most drivers think, the few drivers there are the more freight they get. it doesn't always goo like that. a company like conway. will broker off the loads. or they will turn them down due to the lack of drivers.

Most of the drivers on here don't know anything about business. and most of them on here are only company drivers. they wouldn't know where to start in getting freight and finding capital to fund the trips or business. they think holding the steering wheel is all they need to run a business. and for the most part i include lease drivers in the company driver pool. to me an owner operator is a person that has own authority and they are running on there own capital and the are finding there own freight and bartering for the best rates.

6. tomarjr

tomarjr Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Im a student and will be testing out to do midwest regional also. I live in Joplin so im thinking the home life/ work life will work out well ..

7. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    You fellows that are claiming that if the drivers are having any problems, therefore they are somehow "bringing it on themselves", are totally full of baloney.
    Contrary to this type of attitude is the true fact that as a company driver, you mostly do not have control over your miles. You can only do the best with what you are given. And for the amount of work, responsibility, and sacrifice, you are not given much.
    As a former Conway driver, I know what you company drivers are making. About $600.00 a week. Peanuts. To work upwards of 100 hrs. a week. No way can a driver support a family on such a low salary unless he or she has a spouse that also works.
    Anybody claiming otherwise is either in total denial or are not being honest with themselves.
    This job is best for a homeless person with no family to support and no personal expenses other than their daily, on board needs.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    You are about to "sign up" with an industry that has a 98% new driver turnover rate. Conway Truckload is no exception.
    Keep in mind that the reason that nearly one hundred percent of new drivers will VOLUNTARILY leave is that both the pay and conditions are so poor.
    Don't do it. Move on. If you want to drive, stay away from all large carriers. Try to work for a smaller, privately owned company.
    Best of luck!

9. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Agreed-most all large companies have one thought in mind-use you to make money. They have little use for a driver who wants a real life. Mega carriers tend to be full of do's and don'ts and other formalities promising big pay and miles but usually deliver little.

10. 120nat

120nat Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Anderson,SC
    Conway suckssssssss you will have a real ball if you go to work for these people

11. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    I work here at Conway trk LD been here for 5 years been here when times where tough been here when times are great looking back at last 5 w2s 47k 55k 52k 64k 65k I am on the pace 70 k this yearthat's with bonus vacation time

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.