Stay away from covenant transport bad company

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Roxy233, Oct 10, 2017.

1. lowgear14

lowgear14 Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2014

How are they getting by with this? I mean isn't that illegal. I don't know. Here they are on layover.com advertising for over 5+ years at .53 per mile. I just looked at it a moment ago. I often wonder how are they getting by with this and drivers are sitting. I mean I have seen on the back of their trailers, "It's not a choice it's a child". I get where they're going with that. You drivers still have to make a living.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Lonesome spoke the truth. You dodged a bullet by accident. Covenant and all the megas suck.

Broke Down 69 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. VanDammem

VanDammem Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I drove at covenant for a few months back in 2012. Forced to Team. And at the orientation they also forced us to pay $25 for a stupid tool bag with a jump rope, exercise inst. Cards, and subway yogurt coupons. WTF. I dumped all that s*** in the garbage and use the tool bag to put actual hand tools in.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    You were "forced" to buy a tool bag? Gunpoint? Arm twisting? Coercion? Did they maybe hold a family member hostage? Or a favorite pet? Don't tell me they still use the rack, to get you to cooperate.....

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  6. VanDammem

VanDammem Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well bro was I going to drive all the way home from orientation in Hutchins Texas to Louisiana over a gay $25 tool bag, to prove a point and look like a bad ### .?

7. LateNightCable

LateNightCable Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2018
    All trouble and inconvenience aside, that’s off-the-wall hilarious. Getting fat truckers into shape, one coupon bag at a time.

I’m here only because Covenant is one of the companies which hire from the driving school I’m strongly considering.

8. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Whats the others?

9. LateNightCable

Feb 16, 2018
    Stevens Transport, and Roehl were the only other two mentioned by name during a short online chat. Of the 25+ companies who work with them. Tampa Truck Driving School by the way.

Truck Driving School CDL Training Tampa Florida

10. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    LateNightCable Thanks this.
  11. LateNightCable

Feb 16, 2018
    Thanks for the links. I’d rather avoid the commitment aspect of attending a company school. Though wouldn’t want to end up a jobless newb right out of an independent school.

I’m keen to see a full list of the carriers who hire from the Tampa school. I think that would be a fair thing to receive if I go further with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.