STAY AWAY FROM K&B Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by nawdew, Nov 18, 2011.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Hi dog,kb no longer needs local drivers.They got rid of a bunch when the Tyson in Denison closed.Otherwise when I was local there it sucked.The trks were slower then molasses 58 mph and they were like driving an old farm tractor.But heard Brock sold most his day cabs to Freightliner.You're better off where you're at.KB pays different for each local driver.Some gets paid more then others.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ray is a local kb driver and they put him in an OTR trk.He's making 975.00 a week.After taxes,insurance garnishments hes bringing home 500.00 a week.Other locals there are making 825.00 a week because they don't leave Sioux City.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If you're finished asking condescending questions that any first grader could answer, maybe you'd be so kind as to explain to us exactly what part of "NO" would be so difficult for "less than competent" office idiots to comprehend.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Thank you. They are still advertising some local positions but I did not want to negotiate without driver input. Also, I already noticed that the day cabs are old.
    Sigh ...I'd like a normal life again but maybe that means working for a different outfit.
    Are you still doing local work?

6. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    If you ever managed company e-mail you would know that it takes constant up-dating. Also, not every company has the sophistication of such features as automated opt-out feedback. It's their bad. Who knows what actually went wrong - certainly not you or I. The importance someone might give to such a minor annoyance is a little amusing however.

If I have been condescending, it is only in the strictest meaning of the word; that is, taking the time to explain what ought to be obvious. Indeed, the difference between 500 and 600 should be apparent to even a first grader, as you pointed out. The fact that such an elementary distinction can't be made due to puerile emotional reaction was precisely the point.

I have respect for those who disagree based on facts and contempt for those who can't or wont. Regardless, everyone gets the benefit of my patience and civility.

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Wow 500 trucks to 600 trucks... It doesn't matter how many trucks the company owns how many are seated..

8. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Let's put it this way: can you recommend any reefer company (besides Wal Mart) that would give me a better deal?
    If so, that would be helpful - I might even pay for the info.
    If not, then neither of us know what you are talking about.

Paul Bunyan Thanks this.
  9. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Well, I suppose it's a matter of how much you go home. With a couple years experience (any experience) the minimum pay is 1200 for a seven day week. I don't know how often people exceed the minimum; some say a lot, others say not too often. It may depend how one rolls.
    I say just get the dedicated salary and forget about it. The pay is the best I've seen because you don't have to work much for it but on the other hand, you cant make more than $70K.

The local positions on my account pay between $950 and $1200, which is good but there are only a few of them and you got to drive some old beaters.

Another thing to consider about K&B is they have no paid holidays and no 401k matching, so the numbers I have given aren't quite as good as they look if you can get those things elsewhere. The insurance is very good however.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    i imagine the dedicated account is 。better then otr。at least youll have more of a life。rays hrs vary。someone calls in then he has to come in early。the day salary drivers have it easier but theyre also getting paid less and dont have to work weekends。
    dedicated is the way to go although there are reputable carriers that puts kb to shame。some of us arent looking to see how rich we can get but to keep afloat。

11. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    You know, people keep saying there are way better deals out there for me but no one actually names a company and I can't seem to find them.

I think I just got lucky, living in the right place for the best deal at this company. I suppose I'l stay until my balls grow large enough for the Bakken or some such ;)

As I understand it, any one can get on the dedicated but it pays less if you don't park within 50 miles of a customer facility. Salary made me suspicious at first, I thought they would work me hard for it but this is a sweet gig - if the OTR isn't that great, you guys might want to consider this.

Paul Bunyan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.