Stay away from PAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Payton124, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Payton124

Payton124 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2024
    Sent to CDL school through PAM. Graduated and went home. Was not receiving any pay. Sat at home for 3 weeks. My step brother passed suddenly and I was not able to go out exactly when they wanted so they terminated me. Over the death of a brother. How do they get away with this?! They don't care when you're new because they will just keep cycling people through

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Sooooo....you did actually get a CDL (just no work afterwards)?

Or no?

-- L

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Dust yourself off and find another job.

5. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    They send you home to wait for a trainer. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks. I’ve never heard anything good about Pam. I remember a few years ago I was going to sign a truck on with them running freight out of Laredo. Their pay rates Were a complete joke. They even talked to me as if they were the hottest thing around. I threw their contract in the trash. Never called them back.

6. 1rainman

1rainman Bobtail Member

May 8, 2013
    Working at Pam now. Pay is about average for a starter company after six months. First three months is really low. After one year experience you will want to leave, become a trainer or team, or lease. You will be at beginner pay levels otherwise. They have so many people going through the school they are short on trainers. Just call up a different company and have that company take over your school payment as you work for them.

bryan21384 and FreightHolla Thank this.
  7. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    It's funny how some companies continue to be terrible year after year. Back nearly 40 years ago, Swift was pretty much an unknown, Schneider had a decent reputation, but PAM was well-known as a bottom-of-the-barrel company. Some things never change....

Last Call and FreightHolla Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    prove it to them, send them a copy of the death certificate..

but also, get a copy of that certificate, and show it to potential employers when you get asked about Pam....

that way, they will see you weren't kidding.

9. FreightHolla

FreightHolla Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2024
    Schneider always been the good one out of the megas

Opus Thanks this.
  10. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Good ok’ Penny A Mile Transport.
    Seek and ask the LTL carriers near you and see if you can maybe do a dock to driver program.

Otherwise check out Schneider or Swift. Either one would probably bring you aboard.

Or maybe @Chinatown might have an answer or three.

11. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    How come all these "Trucker" stories have been the same for decades? "Don't smoke but went to a party and ate some snacks and they were Mariauna brownies" or this classic...I couldn't make the random, or had to leave the truck somewhere, or after waiting for weeks, the EXACT time they wanted me to go to work...My mom, dad, brother, 2nd cousin from a 3rd marriage died and I had to go to the funeral.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.