Stay away from roehl transport!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dieselgirl, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I doubt that its his tires that are too big. I think his truck is just too small.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm willing to bet he just thinks the super singles are too big even though they're not...

Snowshoes and TankerP Thank this.
  4. Mattnatti

Mattnatti Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow, there sure is a lot of driver out there that let their wife wear the attachments in the family.

5. serenechaosjr88

serenechaosjr88 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Palm Harbor, FL
    I need to point out something that no one touched on......the "supposed issues" with the VA...First of all Roehl has nothing to do with his VA benefits. If he attended truck driver training through an approved VA school and there is an issue on that end (i.e. not receiving his housing stipend during training, tuition payment, etc.) then he needs to address it with the VA and not Roehl. The VA has nothing to do with salary, time cards etc. If its a pay issue then it needs to be taken up with payroll.

Overall, from what you are saying.....I have to agree it sounds more like a time management issue on your fiancée's part than the company not having loads or not making sure there is a delivery time, etc.. Or could the issue be that he is getting the loads to the destination late? If so, then I am pretty sure then he goes to the back of the line and they will off load him after those who were there on time. If he is not getting the miles that he should then he needs to look else where not just sit and complain because that is not going to get him anywhere. Or maybe he is just not cut out for the industry. There is nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time. :biggrin_2552:

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  6. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Well I can agree with OP, I did work at Roehl for about 6 months, and the last 3 were horrible. And no, I wasn't late, I took every load, and I managed my time right, I beleive Roehl to be just like every large company. My fm had no idea what was going on, the guy was younger than me, and im 24. Very bad communication, and most importantly I made NO money. I think my best check while working there was right around 700 and that was once, my average bring home was anywhere from 300 to 600 if I was lucky.

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Look at where your at now! You get to roll in a nice truck!

8. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Im very grateful for where I'm at now, I met the owner at a truck stop while I was cleaning my Roehl truck and we started talking, and he gave me a shot and I've been very happy ever since. They require 2 years exp and at the time I had only 6 months! So I'm happy they gave me a chance, im sure there happy too because I work my *** off for em lol. It's all about finding that job that makes you happy! It could be at swift, aslong as the driver is happy, that's all that matters.

Kindle Thanks this.
  9. Twin Screws

Twin Screws Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014
    I find that more often than not, when someone is griping about a company, they are the problem. Sure there are crappy companies, there always has been and always will be.

Roehl is not perfect, far from it. But I know quite a few drivers that are making a solid paycheck with them and they love their jobs.

That is the nature of the internet. You wont hear many guys coming on a forum (or getting their wives to do the dirty work for them) to rave about a company. Unfortunately only anger and hate motivate people that much anymore. That is the way of the world. You could own a pizza joint, serve thousands of happy customers, not one will get on Yelp and say anything positive. Yet you end up putting anchovies on the wrong persons pizza just one time and BAM.....they will spend the next year demolishing your online reputation.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'd sure love to hear this guys dispatchers side of the story.

10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    You can love a certain pizza, while another guy can't stand it. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with him. Things happen, like an argument with a dispatcher escalates, and the driver gets blackballed... an anal customer lies to get a driver kicked off his dedicated run... anything to make a driver bitter. We are so quick to judge, when we have a different opinion of a company. And yes, there are plenty of drivers who are the problem.

Personally, I'm looking for some companies to drop apps with. Since it's been so long since I drove t/t, I want to do it right the first time. I want the good and bad. And yes, I take it all with a grain of salt... but I watch for patterns. All posts have their uses here, to me.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  11. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    Well, I lucked out and got a local job. Otr just wasn't my thing. My last time out was actually in the 7/7 fleet, I had literally switched the week prior, and Roehl was just fine with it. I was 21, lived at home at the time, so I didn't need to make much to get by. I figured 7/7 was the perfect way to still get experience, and guaranteed home time, while simultaneously being able to search for a local job, and possibly interview with a local job easier. I literally got A job interview when I got back on my last run in the regional fleet. I gave them a one-week notice and ran the 7/7 fleet once and got 3,200 miles for the week. They told me if the local thing did not work out, that I would be welcomed back. So, I don't have any beef with them.

DrtyDiesel and Tennesseahawk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.