STAY AWAY from WERNER....BAD & getting WORSE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DreamTeam44, Mar 22, 2008.

1. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    The reason that Werner has trucks sitting isn't due to the fact they are having cash flow problems. It's very simple, not enough business, if you don't have the freight to move, drivers are going to sit. This is happening in every company that hauls dry freight. Being the very curious person that I am, where are your stats coming from?

Duh, just looked at your profile and closely at the truck... LOL :biggrin_25525:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Starchdoggy

Starchdoggy Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    Last $ info posted last month gives CL, Greg, Gary, and some other dude a Million in year end bonuses between them. Cash is still flowing to the execs.

4. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    i think the other dude was either the money guy or the one who runs VAS

5. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Back in the day, Werner was a good company to work for...Now I hear bad things about them all the time...All these large companies get a feeling 'invincibility' cause theirs always lines and lines of new drivers waiting to apply...that's got to stop....
    These companies will never change as long as theirs hundreds of applicants waiting for thier turn to get scrwd week after week...

6. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    LOL back in the day, most all companies were good to work for. and... you will always hear more negative than positive, people usually usually like to talk about whats negative, not whats good or positive. it gets more attention.
    it does seem like the large companies herd new drivers thru like cattle but they are also so into driver retention too.
    the reason most new drivers dont survive as OTR drivers is the fact that its not what they thought it was, maybe not as much fun, its lonely, the family needs that person home more, not making the money, on and on and on. some of it is the companies fault but not all of it. at least thats my opinion.

7. tonher

tonher Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have read alot of negative posts about werner and also swift and other big company's. I also have had a bad experience with werner, having been lied to and treated badly.
    At this point I still don't understand why us drivers put up with this bad treatment and low pay and desrespectful manner that these company's treat us.

drivers are what make the freight go from point A to point B. without drivers these company's are nothing.
    I don't understand why us drivers can't get together in some sort of strike or proteste against the trucking company's. If we refuse to drive and demand better pay, better treatment, stoped being lied to, stop totally the delivery of goods in all america, then maybe trucking company's will really start to hurt and start to appreciate the drivers and change there bad ways and attitudes towared drivers.
    I also desagree on how a trucking company can ruin a drivers life and driving career by writing false information on a driver DAC report. I believe there should be some kind of Institution who regulates the DAC reports and fully investigates what trucking company's write about a driver and makes sure that the trucking company's write accurate information on the DAC reports, becuase I truly believe the company's abuse there power and sometimes write bad things on a drivers record and makes it imposible for that driver to find a driving job at a differente trucking company.
    Finally like I said before, the driver is what makes the deliverys, without the drivers trucking company's are nothing. So I believe us drivers have the power to make big changes in this very un ethical and unhealthy trucking bussines, and make things alot better than what they are at the moment.

8. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Two words: Air Traffic Controllers

ok, that was 3. :biggrin_25511:

9. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

Yes it is true! 3 years ago I was arrested because I Failed To Appear for a CHILD SUPPORT hearing that I knew nothing about, because of the unfair child support laws in this country I was actually charged with a 3rd degree FELONY as a "Fugitive from JUSTICE! - FTA Warrant" It has since been resolved by paying more money to child support but it shows up on my background as a felony. I explained this to my Recruiter at Werner and she said because it was only for child support it would be no problem. So I went to orientatation, went out on the road with a trainer (who spoke very little english by the way) as we were pulling into Denver we got a Qualcom message for him to drop me off at the Denver terminal, it was late on Sunday night so I had to wait till Monday morning to find out why.

Monday morning had to talk to the Director of Compliance/Recruiting for you guessed it, my FELONY. Well this lying POS proceeds to tell me if I can prove it was only for child support there would be no problem getting me back on the road, and he would be happy to help me out! So I had the Clerk of Courts fax the booking report to him and over the next two days as I repeatedly called my recruiter to find out my fate I was told he was so busy he hadn't had time to look at the fax yet! So Wed evening they put me on a bus to go home while they investigate it. After a 48 hour bus ride back to Florida I check my mailbox and find a letter from this lying SOB saying I was terminated. THE LETTER WAS POSTMARKED ON MONDAY! So all the hoops they had me jumping through, phone calls, faxes, left sitting in Denver for 2 days wondering about my future. It was all LIES and BS!

On another subject, my training experience was horrible too, trainer was from Ghana, spoke very little english, he was a horrible driver. He was also an Owner Operator who would not idle the truck at all! even though it was JANUARY in COLORADO!
    :biggrin_25510:
    STAY AWAY FROM WERNER!

10. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Did you have a conviction at that point? Or was it because there was an active warrant? Or was just a pending charge enough?

11. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Heed the warnings...these former Werner drivers are telling you things to save you from going through the same...

But on the other hand you can't always allow what happened to another driver or drivers sower your own optimistic view...

Trucking can be very exciting, fun, and fulfilling..if you get with the right company...

But being new, sometimes you have no choice but to suck it up and take it...and learn the true meaning of 'humility'.

Best of luck...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.