Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    In addition to that you won't be able to move faster than 5mph before the motion is detected. You won't be able to reassign the drive time to another driver either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I just talked to my friend that he is getting rid of of his second truck too, the pattern repeats itself: a fleet expansion threshold is the hardest at truck number 2. Adding that one more truck often means a set back, even tough buying additional truck is easy. So many people I know were doing ok financially until they planned to become bigger and to manage only one truck more was too much for them to bear. The reasons were also the combination of problems with a driver unreliability and break downs. Those who succeeded went with the expansion very rapidly and expanded to fleets of 10 or more trucks or even more than 20 (often by making partnerships or merging) in a span of 2-5 years, some of them risked it all - even with their home equities. Always the hardest part was to find good drivers.
    At this point of my life 15-20 years before I want to retire, I am too much of a pusssy to go through these risks myself. The older I am, the less I trust anyone to do a good job. The downside: only loadboard freight or brokered freight left, 100k plus take home and no way to retire a millionaire. The peace of mind assured though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    drvrtech77, nowright and redoctober83 Thank this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
  5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    No kidding, I am already on it - cruising 15 mph at parking lots while on line 2, thinking how a misarable rebel I am vs what I used to do. LOL. They should have allowed to pick your own speed limit per regulation, I'd utilize it more efficient. The set 15 as the highest.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Do you have an yard move option? On mine it lets me drive 5 miles with any speed without interrupting anything

7. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Yard move in Keep Truckin put you always in line 4. The only way not to add any working time is PC or stay below 15 mph.

DUNE-T Thanks this.
  8. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Feels good to be just me again. I’m not worry about the next phone call and thinking, what now! Got a nice run from AR to Atlanta and I’ll reload tomorrow with Melons that pay extremely well to Olathe and grab another Tyson load up there.

86scotty, Tug Toy and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  9. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Well that statement right there was worth the cost!

Lol

86scotty Thanks this.
  10. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I hope the broker you booked that load through has a good credit rating and this isn't the first load you've done with them. I ask this because melons are an exempt commodity and if the broker decides not to pay you, you have no recourse to get paid. Exempt commodities loads can't be filed against a broker's bond. Just in case you aren't aware of that. This time of year many carriers get burned hauling exempt commodities.

SoDel and stuckinneutral Thank this.
  11. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’ve used them before. I’m not Setup with a lot of brokers. I use the same ones over and over.

SoDel and redoctober83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.