Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I personally wouldn't ever have one either. The fuel mileage savings isn't good enough for me. I had to pull a guy out that was stuck in a drop lot because he couldn't lock in the other axle. Just a little uneven and they get stuck.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    32!!!! WOW ! Now you surprised me. The way you write and talk about how you do things shows a lot of maturity...I thought you were 56 or something. LOL

redoctober83, Tug Toy and Misesian Thank this.
  4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Mine has an axle lock for the front axle and has an “off road”/ enhanced traction mode. The off road mode dumps the air in the rear axle and puts the load on the powered axle. I didn’t have issues with it last winter except once, when I was empty and had to drive on iced over and snow packed roads in Minnesota after a storm came through. I’ve been through some rough drop yards myself. As long as you don’t stop when one of your axles is off the ground, you’ll just roll through. If you stop and you only have one powered wheel on the ground, it may take you a minute to get rolling.
    When I pick up my loaded trailer and have to slide the tandems on dirt or gravel surfaces I engage the lock and the traction control, otherwise I’ll spin too much. On a hard surface I don’t have to do that.
    The newer pusher 6x2 are out now with the front axle being a lift axle, this system is the best way to go. It eliminates any traction issues, unless you end up with only one powered wheel on the ground, but that’s pretty rare.

Dave_in_AZ, Tug Toy and RStewart Thank this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I go from playing in the snow in upstate NY and PA to down here in the South where it still feels like Spring and now I’m popping DayQuil to get over this cold I got. It’s 40 degrees warmer down here in two days of driving.
    I’m trying to time it just right that I end up in the Midwest meat patch to get a load carrying me over the holiday. They’ll pay some big money on one of those.
    This guy next to me at the truck stop didn’t see me out here pacing around. He stood on his step and started peeing on the pavement, sees me, tries to abort, and got it on himself, he started cussing, slammed his door, and stomped his way towards the truck stop. Most people I see doing that at least stand between the tires or something. Disgusting jerks.

86scotty, RStewart, Tug Toy and 2 others Thank this.
  6. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Lazy people pissing in the parking lot. They shouldn't be doing between the tires either.
    No excuse for that behavior.

To help with that cold. Take some vitamin ..C..

whoopNride and Misesian Thank this.
  7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I at least had the decency to use a Gatorade bottle while traffic came to a complete stop on 40 today. I "was" gunning for a rest area, but couldn't wait the additional 30 minutes lost in traffic.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    The weather is kinda crazy. I left home (Oklahoma) on Monday in the snow and come. I returned home on Friday to 70 degree weather.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Leaving Iowa today for Oklahoma today. Last week imade this trip it was warmer in Iowa than Oklahoma

RStewart Thanks this.
  10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    This month has been going better than last month. I had poor timing in No ember several times that cost me some extra days twiddling my thumbs. The broker I work with has me booked up through Wednesday right now.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    How's the reefer business? My dryvan lane has been put on hold.. they said it because of production issues but I'm not sure.. been running steady for a few months on it...

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.