Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I haven’t noticed much difference. Rates are still good and there’s plenty to do. I don’t run long haul though. I stay East of 29 running AR to the Northeast or Southeast and back. I keep my running area small. I also don’t pull produce until Summer and I might pull a load or two of melons. Most of what I do is raw meat or food service product with some yogurt or milk loads here and there. Mostly Tyson stuff. It doesn’t pay huge bucks but it’s decent and there’s plenty of it.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What goes up, must come down.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Lol yea only for a couple weeks they said... great money though...

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    No no no. What goes up is we provide great Reefer service. That doesn’t go down.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

SoDel and Tug Toy Thank this.
  6. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Quarter MPG ended at 8.64. It was almost 9 but December I did a lot of loads to SC, NC, FL, and GA. That area is where I get my worst fuel mileage. Total of 31,564 miles. Lots of Monteagle, Asheville, and Saluda. Needless to say, I was very annoyed with December.

December was pretty slow but I still did well. I hit my revenue target even though I only ran 9800 miles. On time off now. The truck, trailer and APU are all due for service. I’m trying to get the Amsoil bypass system installed now that the truck is almost out of warranty and they’re more comfortable with the idea. I’m still very pleased with the A26 and how it’s performing.
    I have some plans for 2019, I’m looking at converting the tag axle into a lift axle, getting the bypass on, and, now that’s it’s approved, removing my mirrors and installing the MirrorEye system. The new trailer will be here in March as well, that will be nice.

7. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Love the system look for MIrrorEye System. How much do a set up cost?

8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I don’t know yet. I sent them an email Thursday and maybe they’ll contact me this week sometime. There are several videos on YouTube that show its night mode and rainy driving. It’s pretty cool. The visibility is much better than conventional mirrors.

9. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Agreed, Watched a lot of videos on it as well. Would be the way to go if you can get it for a decent price. Wonder if your insurance would go down if you showed them all the extra safety features it provides?

10. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    You are almost out of warranty already? How many miles do you have on the truck so far? Can you buy an extension?

That fuel mileage is incredible btw.

11. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I have the amsoil system on my 2015 Freightliner and love it! The amsoil people that I worked with had no issues with putting it on durring the warranty period of the truck. When I had it installed I still had 2 years left on the warranty on the truck.

I can't wait for your review of the MirrorEye system. I saw that it was approved and want to have it on my truck as well!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.