Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Iowa is going to be a disaster late tomorrow through Sunday morning. I’ll probably go another 200 miles or so this afternoon and stopnto wait it out until mid day Sunday when it moves out. They’re expecting heavy snow and 30+ mph winds north of Des Moines.

Good bloom, RStewart and Tug Toy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Yuck. Be safe man.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  4. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Getting backed in at the truck stop was a pain. This load is the similar to one I did a few months ago, it’s 4 drums of frozen material they use to make the air craft parts. It’s only 5k or so pounds. The 6x2 is perfectly fine when I have a load on. When I’m light like this, I can’t get traction. It took me forever to get backed in. I had a guy helping me out too. I’d have to back in really fast or I’d get stuck and I got all jacked up getting in the spot. I had to the Austin Powers go cart move to finally get in. I can’t wait for this crap to be over, winter sucks.

Tug Toy, Farmerbob1 and loudtom Thank this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Holy crap. Check this out. CR England has 3 bunk trucks now, 1 trainer, 2 students.

C R England

Dave_in_AZ, HopeOverMope and Tug Toy Thank this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Add 1 more and you'll fit a World War II tank crew.
    I am sure they train them perfect this way.

7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Thanks for the heads up yesterday. On my way to Commerce City, CO, bypassed that last night - 150 miles more but not problems on US 36 in MO and I-70 in KS sunny and dry right now. Windy though.

Tug Toy and RStewart Thank this.
  8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    35 is closed north of Des Moines at US 30 right now. I’m heading eas and North out of Dubuque to go around it. I had to park again because of winds. I’m going to sit a couple hours to let them ease off and roll the rest of the way.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  9. Bumblebee101

Bumblebee101 Light Load Member

May 17, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Drove my suv from Columbus to Massachusetts down 90 and the winds where powerful at times. PA and NY had empty truck bans. Every now and then the vans would be pushed pretty good.

Tug Toy and RStewart Thank this.
  10. Good bloom

Good bloom Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Chesterfield, MO
    Hi. Sometimes chaining up could save time and fuel. I've heard spinning is bad for clutch.

11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    By next winter I’ll have the XDN2s on here. That will be much better. The tires I have now don’t have any sipes or an open shoulder. Most super singles, but a few, are intended for Highway, dry and wet, anything else, you’ll have issues. Michelin XDN2 and the new version, XOne Grip D, Yokohama 902L, and the Goodyear SSD are the only high traction singles on the market. The Michelin and the Yokohama are the only two I’ll be running on the driven axle going forward.

Farmerbob1 and Tug Toy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.