Stevens Transport Aviary . . cont'

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Dryver, Jun 4, 2013.

1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Not on the list. Thanks though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If your going to the cooler on Rittiman Rd they have a small lot for pre arrivals. If your going to the main whse on the NE Loop 410 service road, NO. But you can park on the side roads in the industrial park to the south of it. Occasionally, the LEO's come thru to get there daily "NO PARKING" quota. It's a crapshoot. I usually just go to one of the TS on I-10 and hang out til my appt time. To each his own.

4. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Today I learned the actual value Stevens places on me... $250

That is the sum total of my worth to them. Sad indeed.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    There is PARKING at both HEB locations in San Antonio... the rittiman road is right on the property, at the main heb, they will send you down to another gate, where you check in, and drive back to a corner lot and park. The truck stops on I10 are just a few miles away. I always prefer the truck stops, as a quick unload at HEB is never happening.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  6. golfnut1103

golfnut1103 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Hillsboro, OR
    What does that figure represent?

7. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    What happened?

8. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    hey cpl i like that link you posted and it works for me at the new company. still hauling from the same places i did w/stevens

9. Crazy_Aardvark

Crazy_Aardvark Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Scratching my head on this one. Sitting on I44 in MO trying to figure out how I am going to make delivery 89 miles away in Bridgeton MO show receiver time and get out to safe haven, looks like Pontoon Beach about 29 miles away with only 2:40 left on my 70. Anyone know about Schnucks in Bridgeton if there is parking that I can hide out at to take a reset? By the math yes I can make Pontoon, but its gonna be squeaky tight. If I hit any traffic around all that bridge construction I will be proverbially screwed. Not seeing any thing closer in the way of truck stops.

On a bright note, I have survived my first year with Stevens. Funny to think that 1 year ago I was ready to bail off the trainers truck and catch a dog home full of self doubt and fears. Yeah it hasnt been without a lot of ups and downs but I am finding that the downs are less frequent with gained understanding of how things work and how to work things. I have totally honed my patience skills however it still rears its ugly head at times. I drive a mighty fine looking piece of equipment that polishes up well. Some tings to ponder regarding how much bad is posted about Stevens on the web and we are brunt of the jokes going down the road with our clipped trucks but two things which are the most important I think....

1. The safety policies work, and Stevens will not ask you to do anything unsafe that will endanger your physical well being or that of others

2. It could be a lot worse, could be driving a PRIME truck clipped at 60 mph. I have noticed the last 3 months I just blast by Prime so maybe the focus of other drivers will come off of Stevens and shift to PRIME LOL.

Referencing some of the other posts recently, those drivers are right. Keep your mouth shut, your ears open, apply the core values and policies of Stevens and hone the skills of our unskilled labor profession (saying that with my tounge in cheek) and a new driver will be fine. Yeah I prolly wont retire from here, but I am confident that I will be able to complete my lease at a minimum (Another year and a half on that one) and I am looking forward to Sept or Oct when I may start training. The golden nugget I wish to impart upon any readers if they have made it this far, is exercise patience both driving and especially at the yard. Yeah the clearance lines and hoops are a long ordeal at times, and yeah its easy to bellyache and think its all some grand plot to keep us sitting but yes you will make it out of there eventually and you are free to roam about the country for another 90 days. Dont get yourself so stuck on the negative that you dont see all the positive and the ultimate goal in the end. That is all.

nascarchuck, Dryver, Roknric and 3 others Thank this.
  10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I'm glad to hear you survived a year! A wise old trucker once told me that Stevens' training was like boot camp; nobody every volunteers to do it twice and nobody ever regrets completing it once.

11. Crazy_Aardvark

Crazy_Aardvark Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Funny thing, was running north on some back road out of corpus christi the other night when suddenly I come up on a Stevens yard full of tankers just sitting musta been 50 or so in there. Biggest thing I noticed is they are not near as good lookin as the OTR trucks. Was a brief glimpse, cuz I sure didnt want to stick around and get caught by some tractor beam. I do have to wonder why we dont hear much about the tanker division. How does one get into it. Is the money any better?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.