Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. GypsyLady

GypsyLady Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2019
    They're their own "school".. a trucking company.. insurance company .. collection agency.. attorneys.. they have their own drug testing.. nurse.. doctor it's their very own "inside monopoly". lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OneMadDriver

OneMadDriver Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2019
    Yeah they are their own school my ###. When I signed on with Stevens they sent me to some back water trucking school named American Truck Training or some nonsense like that in Oklahoma City.It was a dumpy little lot with nothing but gravel. An over abundance of Drivers who didn't know who they was going to try to sign on with. I got no driving time, Got no maneuvering time whatsoever. And I had to teach myself PTI by watching YouTube videos. And their Ragtag trucks was always breaking down. So I am guessing Stevens training at their own location was an old thing.

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  4. GypsyLady

GypsyLady Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2019
    I continue to hear the horror stories.. and have fellow classmates, now, with their own ST tales. Not being covered under natural disaster or no-fault accidents (with the Alliance lease) and ending up owing THOUSANDS of dollars on a deductible and no longer having a job. Stevens USES people.. and not in the traditional sense of the employer/employee relationship. It's more in the sense of Debt Slavery.. :/

5. GypsyLady

GypsyLady Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2019
    They still have their Dallas school at the main headquarters, for Texas residents only.

If or when you leave, if it's before you've paid off your contract, you will receive a letter reminding you that you attended The Stevens Transport Trucking Academy "at their ______ campus" (fill in the blank with the school they contract with that you attended, in Florida, Oklahoma, Colorado, etc.) AND that you are still under a non-compete clause. Meaning, that they think they can control your future employment in the trucking industry until your loan with them is paid off, or for one year.. or both.. the wording is a little confusing. But it is a threat.. and is not enforceable in some states. California does not allow or recognize non-compete contracts, and incidentally enough, California is one if the states Stevens doesn't hire from. Hmm...
    I believe you on the conditions, I attended the "campus" (Privately owned trucking school) in Colorado under pretty much the same conditions, although I believe I received excellent drive instruction and drive time from the owners son, personally. The backing and yard instruction was horrible though! I wouldn't be surprised if the yard instructors were actual Stevens employees. They were horribly rude and unprofessional.. so much as to yell at you and call you names and threaten to kick you out of school, with no transportation home, of course. I heard a couple of them state, "if you think we're mean, and this is bad, wait til you get down to Dallas!" Which is absolutely true, I witnessed the same sort of bullying down there.

The women's accommodations in Colorado were pretty bad too, although they were in the construction phase of brand new accommodations for the women. The accommodations for both men and women were 3 bunk beds to a room.. Or a max of 6 people, to 1 bathroom.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.