Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. GrizzlyMan

GrizzlyMan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Graham, WA
    Here, there, and everywhere. Yellow, all four sides. And sitting in Gillette, WY. Waiting for permits to go into South Dakota.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 66 Olznut

66 Olznut Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Canyon Country, Ca
    Well, in a few days anyways...............

4. Grayhare

Grayhare Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Michigan
    Whats up with Stevens Transport?....Not a good Company to start off with, I hope so cause leaving next week to Dallas , To futher My learning Process....

5. Hardrock

Hardrock Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Arkansas
    If you do some searching you'll find mostly negative info about Stevens on most trucking forums out there. Most of the negative info is on their driver training school and them not living up to their recruiting promises. There is also alot of griping about home time. You just have to go out there and start somewhere and pay your dues. I will tell you this from personal experience driving reefer: a reefer outfit means you WILL be welcomed to the wonderful world of meat plants and grocery warehouses- a lot of waiting for loads, early a.m. dock times that are never followed, dealing with lumpers of a different sort, and plenty of East Coast driving in truck-unfriendly locations. Depending on where you live you might even get stuck on what I call the I-70/I-80/I-90 hamsterwheel where your constantly going back and forth from the midwest to the east coast. If I had it to do over again I would not have driven reefer so early in my driving career. I should have gone dry van first for a few years till I got basic experience and then jumped into the more complicated world of reefer freight. Just my $.02 worth.

occupant and Kwaione Thank this.
  6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I sometimes had problems getting home because they didn't have as much freight going to El Paso as they do now, however I had no trouble getting a load after time off, they would deadhead me to Amarillo to pick up IBP. I wasn't married so it was no big deal, plus the longer you are out means more money in your pocket and I had bills to pay.

I never spoke to a recruiter, I was hired through the school I went to in El Paso.

7. Grayhare

Grayhare Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Michigan
    Stevens is another bad company, I was in Dallas Tx....Boy they all seem nice on Phone but once you get there your just another driver, class was Big, and Benefits were ok, kinda Pricey....Your pay for 8 weeks out in Training is about 11.5 cents a mile which is $350 week , and you can make extra money if you unload your trucks while in Training. I was told I would be out 8 weeks and then another 8 weeks until I can get hometime. which is about a week and a half....If you chose to go Here, Be Careful your everything you receive you'll have to pay back one way or the other, its called hidden Charges....
    One Good Note was you will receive 5 weeks of training and 3 weeks with another student.But you have to survive on a $350.00 a week check, don't go here if you have a family, cause you and your family will feel the pinch in your wallet..:smt013

8. Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Michigan
    That eight weeks of training is really ten weeks, minimum. You know that right?

Orientation 1 = 4 days
    Training phase 1 = 35 days minimum
    Orientation 2 = 4 days
    Dumb & Dumber (trainee team) = 21 days minimum
    About another week of safety classes, backing tests, and road tests follow.
    During this whole process, you may have to wait in phase 1 for a trainer, phase 2 for a truck. Also, if you are out with your trainer for 35 days, and they need you to run as a team (because trainer is a lease driver), you may have to stay longer. I have heard of people being stuck out there with a lease trainer for 8 weeks. It says right in the stevens handbook, if you are needed to complete a load your training may go on, and on, and on.
    I worked there for about a month and a half, and I quit. That company is EVIL. Beware to all.....

9. Grayhare

Grayhare Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Michigan
    Yeah Thats Why I changed My Mind , and Came Back to Michigan.....Still Looking for a Company that Doesn't have all the BS hidden in Employee Hand Book....

10. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

good luck driver - I toughed out my first year at Covenant (believe me, it was TOUGH) and I am glad I could. But believe me, no one can survive 8+ weeks @ $350 per.

11. NannyB

NannyB Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Greenville, Texas
    I been driving some 10 years plus and can't believe what I am seeing. I remember my first pay check with Covenant it was $500.00 as a rooky, and that was at 10 cents a mile. It sure doen't look like the industry has made many advances good luck to all the nubbies God Bless and keep the rubber on the road:angel13:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.