Stevens Transport - updated training info & a couple questions

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by ifanyonecan, Apr 5, 2014.

1. JMONEY

JMONEY Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2011
    phoenix,az
    Would Stevens take me or do I have to go through a refresher program?
    Got cdl in 2012 and worked for a company for a very short 2 weeks before I had to come home to help out a struggling family biz.
    All is good and want to get going again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drake3d

drake3d Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Fountain, Colorado
    Refresher for 1 to 3 weeks. I left in Nov 2013 and called 2 weeks ago and I need to go through between 1 - 3 weeks refresher(unpaid) then go back through OR1/OR2 or whatever they are called now and then to grad fleet. Can't afford that right now so looking local and see what I can do. If I have to bite the bullet I will. At least Stevens will work with my medical issues on insuring me.
    Good luck and Stevens was great to me, always had the miles and more if I wanted them.

conjuntoron Thanks this.
  4. JMONEY

JMONEY Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2011
    phoenix,az
    I was afraid of that. I guess any kind of reimbursement is out of the question?

5. conjuntoron

conjuntoron Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Pasadena, Tx
    Well, I just passed the driving test for Stevens yesterday. So I'll be going to Dallas for Or1. Excited to see how things work out. The program they have here at Lonestar College in Spring, TX is awesome. All of the instructors here are passionate about their job and actually care about getting each student prepared. From the written portion in class to driving yard. I highly recommend it. It's almost impossible to NOT pass the Written and driving test. I'll keep yall updated on my Stevens adventure.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Congratulations and good luck!

conjuntoron Thanks this.
  7. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Its a little over a month now, how's it going?

8. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Regarding the lower DAC report vs other companies...i had heard but am unsure of if this information is correct but here goes....because stevens is privately owned and is self insured, the only incidents that get reported to dac are the ones that come with a police report.
    Emul, is there truth in that?

9. conjuntoron

conjuntoron Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Pasadena, Tx
    Hi JustNva, I must say, Stevens has a really good training program. It's a little tough at first because you have a few 16 hour days in class and on the yard. They have so much info to give you in a short time so it's hard to take it ALL in at once. There will always be people gossiping and complaining in the classroom but ignore them. You're there for yourself. While you're there, it's all a test to see how you react to things like authority, stress, long hours, interacting with others. Once you pass that, it's all good. Just have a strong and positive attitude and you'll be just fine. I love the program. I've been on the road for 6 weeks with my trainer and had a lot of fun. Learned a lot and seen a lot. I do recommend Stevens program if you want the best training and new trucks and equipment. Hope this helps you out.

JustNva, Emulsified and Truckie83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.