Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by CHahase, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CHahase

CHahase Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Colorado
    Hi Everyone
    Just wanted to let people know if you are considering the great deal that Stevens touts just be advised you will not see your family in months, learn to love NY City and all the broughs and Newark, get re-powered loads that are due yesterday, and think you'll last the year to get out? Don't count on it if you don't leave on your own after the trainer and dumb and dumber, long waits for loads and unloads, somehow you leave before your years up and boom you owe the full amount no credit for time served with Stevens. A few managers are great but as for the rest forget it. Find a place to do your CDL on your own then a company that does not have another CDL mill student ready to fill your seat. I am not the driver but the wife of one. I have a great job so did not rely on income from trucking. All I can say is thank goodness he did not do the lease. Good luck to all Keep safe on those roads... and for gosh sake use the stops bathroom or at least dispose of those pee bottles properly.
    :biggrin_25521:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. amkmike

amkmike Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Your forgeting the meat plant having to sit there for two day waiting for them to slaughter the cow .with the qualcom telling you to rush down down there.stay way from adrian w. head safety guy

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I think Stevens is stupid for turning off the "JAKE BRAKE" on new drivers!It could get them killed out west.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

That and the dumb and dumber team is not to bright either. I know a driver that was going down a moutain at the speed of sound. His co-trainee did not know how to decend and just about killed them both!:biggrin_2556:

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Now what could they be possibly be doing that for?

7. jthighfield

jthighfield Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Does anyone have any positive feedback for Stevens Transport?

8. amkmike

amkmike Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    there really nice when your a student you get plenty of miles.when your only getting paid 350.00 b4 tax 289.00 after, 1 week class 5 weeks with a trainer 1 more week of class and 3 weeks with student going cross country nyc loads, weekend dispatcher are god's on the yard you hav to beg them to take the company car to go get med food or money from the bank.they will rout u back to yard for safety check every month and make u sit there for the weekend. this is just my experience with them other ppl may feel different

9. trucker1001

trucker1001 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2007
    colorado springs, Co
  10. Marinegreen1775

Marinegreen1775 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    "Does anyone have any positive feedback for Stevens Transport?"

Something nice to say. Lemme think. You remember your recruiter when you first joined the Marines saying how you would get to travel. Well you get to travel with Stevens. You get to see NYC. NYC is fun to drive around in. If you manage not to get your load stolen while sitting at a light and avoid those nice narrow streets and the very nice and competent 4 wheelers.

Semper Fi Devil!

11. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    It makes no sence to me either!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.