Still looking for a good job

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by BMiller, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMiller

BMiller Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Driver based in Youngstown,OH area looking for a good job. 37 years old, 5'10" 230, married father of 6, CDL-A T/X, 9 years OTR experience mostly in vans, driven all lower 48 states and Canada in all kinds of weather, 1 speed ticket in car Feb. 06 67 in 55 zone, 8 years in US Army (spent a lot of time driving 10 wheelers and large buses). No criminal record of any kind ever, non-smoker, non-drinker, I am willing to stay out a couple weeks for a good job, I will run hard if there is money to be made. Not interested in flatbeds, tankers, or expedited.

What I am looking for: A decent newer long nose truck with a good sleeper and some horsepower, capable of the speed limit in every state it goes into. I am REALLY tired of driving unreliable underpowered uncomfortable slow tin cans on wheels. I figure you agree to spend a good portion of your life in a truck it is fair and reasonable to expect a good one. Im looking for good pay for the experience I have ( upper 30's minimum). Some benefits, although I can get past this if pay is good enough. Reasonable pay for unloading, drops, etc. ( I am not afraid of unloading as long as it is worth it). Lumpers when necessary. Toll roads when necessary. Permission for an inverter/fridge/microwave. Support when I need it, otherwise given my task and left alone to do it. I am not interested in hearing any more sugar coated scripted b.s. recruiting pitches. I know what I want, and Im going to get it before I make another move.

If you can help me email briantmiller@hotmail.com or call 330-881-1311.
    I am putting together a resume with current DAC, MVR, and work history.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Falcon Transport is in your neck of the woods.

4. BMiller

BMiller Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Falcon is not for me. Already checked them out

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    A quote from your above post: "I know what I want, and I'm going to get it before I make another move."

If EVERY driver were to adapt this stance, trucking's ills would vanish in a week.

But nope. Most drivers, when it comes time to find a new job, will say "Hmmmmm. I need a new job. Let's see what I can find in the newspaper's classfieds." They have the fast & easy mentality, meaning they're willing to settle for second best. And of course most will come back #####ing later their new outfits suck as badly as their old outfits.

You're doing exactly what you need to do....staying put until you get what you want. Understand I thought I was the only one in the known universe who did that in trucking. It's good to run into a second person who does it, a "kindred spirit" if you will.

My hat is off to you.

6. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Ever thought about being a car hauler?....first year out is about $48,000, good equipment, good insurance, no bs from anyone.

7. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    I hope PMTG pays better than $48000 my first year or I'm in alot of trouble. I was told I should make in the $60,000s first year. I make about $55000 now and can't afford to take a step back.

8. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    the 48,000 was just off the top of my head so to speak, I think the highest paid driver last year was over 100,000 according to the newsletter they send out. 48,000 was what hubby did in his first year but you also have to take into consideration that he was off over 2 weeks when his father died and he started out in a pan truck, that makes a big difference....switching trucks and learning how to load them slows ya down just a bit, he got moved up into 2 newer year trucks in the first year....now this year he is in an 04 original (not referb) and is doing very well. (moving into newer trucks was presented to him as a if you want to, not a you have to) and it is based on your safety record.

Lets just put it this way, hubby has been driving 23 years tanker,dry box,steel just about everything there is out there, he got this job and in the first 5 months (after he was sure it was the place for him) he told me to quit my job, there was no sense in me busting my butt taking care of 12 kids all day when he was making the money he was....so I quit after 11 years of my own business and things around here are just fine and dandy.
    He takes great pride in the fact that his wife no longer has to work....and he will tell anyone who asks PMTG is what made that possible.

9. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    Thanks for the info dear. I am hoping too that I can tell my wife that she can quit the daycare business if she wants to. She already told me that she still wants to work part time at the hospital so she can get out of the house. I am the type of driver that doesn't jump from job to job and I try to really do my homework before making a switch. Like I said before, I have been driving for over 10 years now and my current employer is only my 2nd driving job over that period. I am sorry if I seem skeptical at all, I am just nervous. I'm sure your hubby was the same before he got comfortable at PMTG. Thanks again.

10. EaglesWay

EaglesWay Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Alabama
    From Reading Your Requirements, sounds like you ought to become an O/O

11. jump22

jump22 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2006
    what does pmtg stand for ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.