Stony Ridge truck stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Gunner75, Feb 17, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If this is the exact same lot I have in mind, does it still have the lunar crater filled moonscape capable of devouring big trucks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Yep

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    It's been sold for over a year now, it's going to be retail and light industrial mix use.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Crap! Ever have a load you need to scale leaving Cincy west on I74?????

6. ReeferOhio

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    The only scale I can think of right now would be two exits north at the Pilot.

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  7. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    That's the only option. So, if I am headed towards Indy, it better not be a tight load

8. ReeferOhio

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    correct, and the scales on both 74 and 70 are always open for business.

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    You talkin about the 1 off of Hanley/Latcha rd in Millbury?? We called it T-5 Stony ridge
    That Place was GREAT!! Motel/Bar- good Food and Good Friends!! But Yeah....That was cool in the 80's and 90's......

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is very close to where the one i am thinking of.

If you consider the map problem from the south, you had US20 come up from east turn into US23 and becomes State 420 heading towards the toll road.

If memory serves there is a petro north of there which was pretty good at the time long ago.

Life has many changes along the way, I'll never forget that stoneyridge junction of US20/420 south of there. I almost killed at least 7 people in a yellow Buick convertable lesabre of the mid 70's vintage one July evening. They came through against me and my traffic in the left lane where I was. Without getting into all the details, I changed lanes to the right moving that covered wagon loaded clear of them as they passed me where I was a moment ago.

Part of me is still angry about those 7 teenagers, there is another part that thinks possibly they may have changed their ways and are sorry they did it. It would have been no problem for that load to kill me and then spill all over the car when it hits head on at that speed and weight. My number one "Daffy Duck" (There must be ten thousand daffys out there) saved them with a warning on the radio. I owe him my life and freedom.

Anyway back to the old truckstop. I wrote before there was quite a staff inside there serving good food for what it's worth being standard 76 fare, but when things got slow they had no problems having us at the counter together making small talk and getting to know each other. I remember those times where the boss simply allowed the staff to literally have a sit and talk on the clock during slow times. That was one of those things that made that place really awesome back then. I might have taken a wife even, still be up there what with everything in life too. Who knows.

stayinback Thanks this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That's the place ! Lol

x1Heavy and stayinback Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.