Stopped by Cop in Alabama I-65

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PE_T, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I hear I can legally say no to that kind of search. What’s even more interesting is that before he was getting ready to leave he asked me AGAIN if I could open the curtains. I must admit I had a bit of a mess in the back. Hahaha.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I dont care what the legal aspect of it is. I was stating my opinion on what I personally would do. Saying I cant blame the officer for wanting to see that another person isnt hiding behind the curtain with a weapon.

You'll get a 100 different answers on here about the legal aspect of it anyhow from all the arm chair lawyers on this site.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't recall the last time any policeman was interested in my sleeper.

Anytime you have a tarbaby lawman vehicle with you in traffic at 60 while everyone else is flying, get yourself parked for a lunch break soonest. IF you are lucky he will be there at the counter with you, pay the bill and say thank you. Then take off.

This gun business is quite possible more than you might think in today's society. If I was trucking, I would be carrying under license. The only thing is employer will fire me if they found out. *Shrugs, does not bother me at all so it has no power over me.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    What I know about local cops stopping truck drivers I learned from watching Supertroopers. It’s also where I learned to properly respond to all of a cops questions right meow.

nikmirbre, Dan.S and stwik Thank this.
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    He wanted to smell the inside of your truck.
    See if you were smoking weed.
    They do that in Alabama and Georgia.

Happened to me a couple times.
    Pulled over for no reason.
    They open the passenger door and stick
    Thier head in as far as they can.

Then they ramble of some ######## reason
    why they pulled you over, while their sniffing
    And looking for some drugs.
    Like we're too stupid to know what their doing.

adayrider and PE_T Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Two things, they can only ask to look into your sleeper to make sure you have proper bedding and proper safety equipment if you are a team.

The border patrol does NOT ask anyone to pull someone over, they can do that up to 100 miles of international border, in the case of Alabama I think I-65, that would be south of Greenville.

Dan.S and PE_T Thank this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Hahaha. Now that I remember the cop also asked me about a piece of foam (size of a large snickers bar) taped with black gorilla tape that I use to push out the debris that accumulates at the end of reefer trailers. He must have thought it was drugs! Hahaha.

9. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    I never had an issue with it when I was doing mobile homes but now that I've got a tow truck? Man it's a cop magnet. There's a town around here I absolutely refuse to do service calls in. Every single time I go to that town, we get pulled over on some b.s.

PE_T Thanks this.
  10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    There is a multitude of reasons he pulled you over..no telling. Least you got out of there without a citation

PE_T Thanks this.
  11. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I always had the driver.exit the.truck and come to the back on a normal stop unless we got a call about a possible DUI driver etc...depends on the call.Local officers don't fool much with that stuff..

06driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.