Stopped by Cop in Alabama I-65

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PE_T, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    They were fishing for drugs or, more importantly, drug money.

In TN, you’ll see these plain white rappers sitting in the median, all up and down I40. Me, being local, can speed right by them at 90, and they won’t even bat a eye. Come through there with boarder state tags, and they will find a reason to pull you over. It’s always for touching a line or following too close. Just about everybody touches a line at some point, and following too close is very subjective.

Judging by your tag state and the reason he stopped you, it was 100% drug fishing.

shogun, PE_T and 86scotty Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Yep what he said, be thankful we only beat our dogs and ex wives cause in Germany they beat their dogs, ex wives, wives, and kids and elderly.

4. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    And depending on my mood that day. That is where the friendly stop ends.

adayrider Thanks this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    On your end or the officers end?

6. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Iunno a lot of people give em a hard time but for the most part, they're just trying to do a difficult job and get home to their families at the end of the day. Road dogs – truckers, tow truck drivers, pilot car operators, and yes even cops – we all have a few things in common. Most of us just trying to make an honest living and earn some honest pay on an unforgiving highway.

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Probably looked nervous as all hell according to OP's story.

Probably like 99% of the drivers that they look at a mirror and drift that way. If you were constantly worried and watching where he was , acting nervous high probability he thought you were high.

When he confirmed you were not he probably ran your license to see if you were legal and cut you loose.

The same paranoia that caused you to be pulled over is now fueling a tin hat conspiracy about border patrol, drugs, human trafficking etc etc.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Actually they are very disciplined over there..been there once..they don't put up with all the crap like the knuckle draggers we have here. The Germans have some common sense and dont put up with the riff raff.

9. adayrider

May 7, 2018
    That's like saying a doctor that performs abortions does it to feed his wife and kids.

10. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Look fella. Just sit down and be quiet. I ain't trying to get into no disagreement with you. But since you opened the can of worms, I think a bunch of old white guys in Washington got no right to tell a woman what they can and can't do. Banning abortions don't stop em. It just makes em more dangerous. I'd rather have a doctor doing it than someone in the back of a van or something doing it. Now you have a nice day.

11. adayrider

May 7, 2018
    Sorry friend you don't tell me what to do as much as you would like to.
    You missed the point but I kinda expected you would.
    I didn't say anything about whether it should or shouldn't be legal. Nor did I say whether a woman should or shouldn't to do what they want. It's the fact that someone (doctor) would actually perform the act.

Smokey12 seems to think that its ok to "go this far" because Germany "goes further than that". It's ok for a cop to stop you and ask you for your papers if they make an excuse up because Germany can stop you for no reason. And he thinks he is better than you because you are a knuckle dragger and just riff raff.
    It is all because they have job to do. It is all ok because they just want to go home at night like you.

Do feel the same about drug users, addicts, dealers? Because the laws don't stop them. They just do it out of the back of van.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.