Storm Gordon Watch

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Sep 2, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Landfall Gulfport tomorrow.

Hurricane Conditions tomorrow.

Mississippi Jackson East to Arkansas Border and Memphis roughly hae local hurricane statements going up.

Rain chart for Arkansas indicate little rock 2 inches on east to memphis and Paducah KY rest of week as of today, West and SW of Little Rock towards Hope-Mena looking at 6 inches rest of week. Rains should come in afternoon for a few hours and then settle after 10 PM Wed as the storm weakens rest of week towards Hotsprings via Pine Bluff and dies roughly west of Fayetteville AR by sat with alot of rain.

US 67 between St Louis and Little Rock can take a 8 inch hit before flooding in several places for a few hours or so, so it's going to be wet but nothing serious and not expect flooding. However I-30 to East Texas on up to I-44 will become interesting rest of week.

Eastern Half of Oklahoma east of OKC on up to Tulsa expects alot of rain about 6 inches rest of week.

https://www.weather.gov/images/lzk/graphicast/image8.gif?548d0193bbec4242a27ca277179adb09

Gulfport Landfalling Tues
    National Weather Service

Winds not really significant until past Midnight Wed roughly for Arkansas.

Mississippi, Alabama and west Tenn Jackson will be active Tues. Hattiesburg MS tonight into Tomorrow will be upper east corner by north. All of that will move north and west across AL, MS rest of tonight into tomorrow. Looks like Memphis-Jackson TN- Nashville and south tomorrow for rains etc.

Hurricane warnings extend east to Pensecola Fla Urban core on I-10 for tonight and tues rest of week.

As many of you know Mobile AL Bridges I-10 with tunnel downtown might be closed into tomorrow.

Mobile/Pensacola

Will update in the morning.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Reducing everything to three simple pictures.

West of Pensacola FL Hattiesburg MS to New Orleans Hammond LA (Lake Charles) is not a place to be today.

Gordon is slowing, still about half a day from eye hitting Gulfport. Winds would be enough to topple a big truck, especially those less than 45000 pounds in the trailer. It's still not a good idea to hang around here.

The storm will die below little rock sometime Thurs but rains, wind etc will be a problem until sunday morning. Flooding in particular from Lonoke AR west to Oklhoma Line all the way to Joplin and down to Texakarna Tx.

Things are changing over time. But it is good news because the hit is more limited this week, offering those of you in the bulls eye a chance to get out by say 2PM today.

Arkansas Briefings have gone up on the LZK site (Google LZK) for Little Rock NOAA for flooding. It's going to be a problem on 30, 40, 530, 67 and 64 etc.

National Forecast Charts

tucker Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That thing is moving faster then any tropical storm or hurricane I can recall.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's actually slowed up quite a bit and is being sheared. The western half is gone. Eye is making landfall this hour.

It's going to degrade to a bunch of rain over Arkansas and then absorbed by oncoming front near Chicago Monday.

Do not count on I-30 being open in Arkansas after Friday. Rains start for us 7 am give or take a few hours. Hurricane statements have penetrated our SE corner and is advancing NE toawards Pinebluff at 15 mph.

Alabama tonight, Mississippi Tomorrow (Rains start Arkansas) and it will die on Friday south of or at Little Rock. It will dump enough rain until Sunday AM to cause flooding enough to possibly close I-30 or even I-40 in places temporarily.

We can take a 8 inch hit in one hour so, this storm is not a problem for us. There are benefits to living in the Ozarks with the Bayou system to east and south.

Mobile NOAA
    Mobile/Pensacola

Wed September 5th
    National Forecast Charts

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    mjd4277 and tucker Thank this.
  7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I think there is another storm coming behind Gordon?

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Gordon really wimped out

9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    The leftovers are coming to the Midwest? I wonder how much rain we'll get. o_O

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    @x1Heavy sure didn’t keep the people of Indiana updated on the storm warnings.
    Gordon hit me hard

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.