straight ELD mode!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Sep 23, 2019.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    How is working not on duty?
    Also, how is logging your pre trips silly? Or do you think you have to log 15 minutes each pre trip?
    Simply follow the law. I.E. log it as you do it. If it takes 10 minutes to pre the tractor, then move, then 5 to pre the trailer, so what?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    We both know most drivers prefer to make sure there aren't any issues with the equipment before starting their clock. Do you work for Superior? 5 minutes on a tank is not enough. It's usually another 15 minutes, but can take up to an hour sometimes if the kingpin isn't level with the 5th wheel, there's a wet spot in the tank, hunting for hoses, etc. Not only did you just spend up to an hour not getting paid (comes with the job), you get the frustration of having just wasted an hour on your clock for the day. That can really affect an entire trip. And if you found a flat tire or something, well you already started your clock lol.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So? Log it as you do it. If you have to cheat logs to make enough to live off of, go find a real job.

5. Boom Tube

Sep 24, 2019
    Lol, ok Mr. Perfect. We both know if we logged everything then we'd use our 70 so fast that we'd not make any money. I'm sure you'll be logging your entire 2+ hours at shippers and receivers as on duty. Do you work for Superior?

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I do log everything, but then I got s job that actually pays well.
    I clock in, I go to the truck and log into the ELD, do my pre trip then, other than the 30 minute break, don't touch it until I log out 12 hours later and go home.

Even OTR I logged legal. I'm sorry you have such a poor job you feel the need to break the law just to work more hours.

7. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
  8. Boom Tube

Sep 24, 2019
    Lmao, you work local, so no need to care about your 70. If you don't work OTR, and I take it you don't work for Superior, then you should refrain from telling us what's what. We obviously run legal, we just are having fun complaining about this brand new ELD mode.

9. Boom Tube

Sep 24, 2019
    I stay within the parameters of the Elogs and have never done anything that wasn't ok with the company. You would know the context of our situations if you actually worked here. No log violations here. Now I'm following all the rules of the new ELD mode. Therefore, I run legal. Understood? Or do you want to continuing telling everyone about how bad our jobs are?

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Sorry, but you are not running legal. Once you realize that you might actually start taking this career seriously.
    Just so you know, all inspecting is ON Duty. Just because you can cheat the ELD doesn't mean it's legal. Here is the relevant regs so you can be more informed of the laws you actually work under.

§395.2 Definitions.
    On-duty time means all time from the time a driver begins to work or is required to be in readiness to work until the time the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work. On-duty time shall include:
    (1) All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carrier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier;
    (2) All time inspecting, servicing, or conditioning any commercial motor vehicle at any time;
    (3) All driving time as defined in the term driving time;
    (4) All time in or on a commercial motor vehicle, other than:
    (i) Time spent resting in or on a parked vehicle, except as otherwise provided in §397.5 of this subchapter;
    (ii) Time spent resting in a sleeper berth; or
    (iii) Up to 2 hours riding in the passenger seat of a property-carrying vehicle moving on the highway immediately before or after a period of at least 8 consecutive hours in the sleeper berth;​
    (5) All time loading or unloading a commercial motor vehicle, supervising, or assisting in the loading or unloading, attending a commercial motor vehicle being loaded or unloaded, remaining in readiness to operate the commercial motor vehicle, or in giving or receiving receipts for shipments loaded or unloaded;
    (6) All time repairing, obtaining assistance, or remaining in attendance upon a disabled commercial motor vehicle;
    (7) All time spent providing a breath sample or urine specimen, including travel time to and from the collection site, to comply with the random, reasonable suspicion, post-crash, or follow-up testing required by part 382 of this subchapter when directed by a motor carrier;
    (8) Performing any other work in the capacity, employ, or service of, a motor carrier; and
    (9) Performing any compensated work for a person who is not a motor carrier.

Now I highlighted in red exactly what part of the law you are breaking so you can help educate yourself.
    So yes, not logging inspections is a log violation, even if your company doesn't care. Therefore you do not run legal, no matter how much you think you do. If you don't think I'm correct, why not go into the next weigh station and tell them about all your inspection time you are not logging and see if you walk out without a citation. Hint, you won't.

11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Stop feeding the Troll, you're just going to run around around in circles with it. Put it on 'ignore' and move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.