Straight Talk about Gainey Transportation Services.

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by IROCUBabe, Apr 27, 2010.

1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well whydontcha, we actually are doing it through a buddy whose quitting trucking, we are going to purchase his truck, paying it off without interest. But thats not going to be done till next year.

Right now, this account has tried my patience to the limit. Mostly because of the long drive home. Aside from that, and minor stupid stuff, its a great account. If you live in San Antonio, and are a team you can make a good living and STILL be home weekly. The account seems a bit better put together now then when we first started, still has its bad points, but they are nothing unusual.

They have about 20ish trucks on the account, there are two runs, that I know of. A southern run and a northern run both in cali. The southern run has like 10 stops and is around LA and San Diego, the north one is hayward. We are on the north one. It has one stop. But #### its a loooonnnngg way up 5.

The problem is after driving 6600 miles, we get in, hop in the car, drive 250-300 miles up to the house, then we crash in bed, wake up, spend maybe 20 hours home, then back driving back. Too much driving. Absolutely too much. I love the money but the drive is killing me. I am at the point I don't even WANT to drive a truck anymore.

So today there was a mandatory meeting and we rushed our butts up to it, but due to traffic late. Last week they called us up to have us run a load someone didnt show up for, but we were in dallas. We hate that. We hate when they need us we cannot help out because we are 4 hours away at best. So at the meeting we decided we would request to be moved off account. Last time we brought that up, it seemed that it would possibly really hurt them, because they only had JUST BARELY enough trucks on the account to run the loads. I do NOT want to leave them hanging.

But they straight up blunt asked us, is the dallas thing working out or do you guys think maybe its not going to work? So we told them we didn't think it was, and they told us they figured as much seeing how exhausted we seemed lately. And they are in a better position now to replace us fast without hurting themselves. So we are leaving the account. #### good account too, 2.1k paychecks every week was great. Helped us out a lot. That drive though, #### somethings are more important then money, like sanity.

I do hear that they are firing a drive due to an at-fault wreck, and thats going to leave a driver with no teammate, whom still wants to be on the account, i don't know whats going to happen to that poor guy. But as of right now we are swapping back over to gts within the next couple weeks.

We have a local gig that may hire bill, its very very likely as the boss LOVES him but he's got to wait for recruiting to finish processing the app. If that happens we are going to have a radical change, as I am not going to drive anymore. I think my trucking days are over for a bit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.