Straight truck (Class B) expediters. In's, out's, up's, down's...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by JustSonny, Mar 23, 2010.

1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    In the short amount of time I have left before I have to make some firm decisions, I'm looking at ALL options. Expediting is an option, right? I've read the threads but I'd like some "right here, right now" thoughts/suggestions/advice. Can you help?:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmag

dmag Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    charlotte,nc
    in's out's and down's I'am still looking for the up's
    This is not like most trucking They do not plan ahead for the truck, like you pick up here and take it there and then you will pick up at walmart in the moring. In this business you get a phone call and they want you to pick up 85 miles away and drop it off 475 away in Harrisburg,PA at 06:00. That's it they do not think about you until you drop and then they will look around for a load? That is why you sit for a day or two. Some are better at telling you where to move (FedX,Panther) but not Express1 they will tell you how many trucks are in the area(that's 75 miles north,south,east,west) a 150 mile wide circle.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  4. dle

dle Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    ennis,tx
    I started in the truck load side - SRT,Werner,Swift
    I have since moved into expediting at Panther.

The truck load people will want a class A.

The lifestyle in expediting is different from those 'other guys'. You will sit for period of times and you will be lucky to get a load that loads the next day. Most of the loads you will get, load in 90 minutes or less and you have barely enough time to get there.

Also with expediting you will be an independent contractor - 1099 vs w2.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  5. yendor_65

yendor_65 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    Not true I drive for E-1 and I have a good relationship with load planning. I call and talk to them and they will tell me what I need to know. I have a good idea of the areas that produce loads anyway.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.