Straightening out rear section

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by dkdist74, May 30, 2018.

1. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Hey, you think if he hits a dock with the front bumper of the truck, the force will travel through the trailer and push the rear piece back out?

Tug Toy, SAR, stwik and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I still wanna see it hooked to the phone pole.

Tug Toy, SAR, Roberts450 and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    That sucks. Can you dump the air on both axles on your trailer? Calms the bouncing down a little.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Rear axle dumps,.. its a step deck. I've already tweaked the suspension leveling rods and dropped it almost 2 inches from factory height. Was 41 inches on the lower deck. Now its 39.

If loaded and the rear axle is dumped,.. some reason it over loads the front trailer axle and actually raises the trailer height. I would be afraid it might blow out the air bags if I off loaded with it set like that.

I'm probably going to set dump valve for both axles on my MAC. I think that would help with some of the stuff I do. Not going to bother with the Fontaine,.. I'm probably going to put it up for sale next year and buy another MAC.

Hurst

stwik and kylefitzy Thank this.
  6. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I would say thats a smart move. Easier on everything if the crane operator's a little rammy or even if they have to reset a heavy load like a die or a coil. Pita when the trailer comes up when all you want to do is pick it up a touch to reset it.

Hurst Thanks this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    First thing I always do when ever getting a single heavy coil or over weight load like 55k crane track or something like that. I beg with who ever is loading me,.. please sir,.. please lower it gently. Same when getting off loaded.

Hurst

stwik and Tug Toy Thank this.
  8. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Hurst,for the price off 2 cheap valves i would not struggle.

9. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    My MAC flatbed has a suspension dump to dump both axles, it's manual at the dolly legs. My 05 Ravens Magnum did also. All the MAC I looked at came with it. Very easy to install one if it don't have one.

mslashbar Thanks this.
  10. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Lmao that’s great

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    My MAC may very well be able to dump them both. I know I can dump the rear one by itself. Step decks really dont have a lot of room for dumping like a full height flat bed.

On the MAC mine has a control box up front with the air gauge and a few other valves that I havent played with. My Fontaine has the box in the rear with another valve by the rear axle to release the pins so the rear axle can slide. I opted to not have the rear axle slide on my MAC because it would have raised the deck height.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.