Stranded by company out of state with no money

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Binkylynne, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Divorce, catastrophic job loss (things like the collapse of an industry), sick children/relatives, predatory lending (you know, variable-rate mortgages that exploded on homeowners during the financial market crash/bailout?), fire/natural disaster, home loss due to eminent domain, refugee status, escaping spousal abuse, surprise child support (kid's 10 years old and you suddenly find out they exist when they suspend your license for ten years of back payments), identity theft...

Do I really need to go on?

There are lots of roads to financial ruin, and we can argue all day about how much fault the victims might bear, but ultimately, even you could be bankrupt by tomorrow, through no fault of your own - or perhaps not enough fault of your own. Life isn't fair, and for some people, that’s just fine, as long as they aren't the unlucky victims. When they are, they're right there, wailing next to the drug addicts and gamblers for free government cheese. Every time. Don't kid yourself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelhauler1246

Steelhauler1246 Light Load Member

Man's gotta do what a mans gotta do lol

4. Steelhauler1246

#### if I trucked to Florida I'd gladly give ya ride back to the Hoosier. I remember when that one company went under back in 09-10 and left their drivers stranded all over the place smh.. Ain't right and I hope you figure out something soon.

Airborne Thanks this.
  5. Wallyjr

Wallyjr Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Are you talking about ARROW

Steelhauler1246 Thanks this.
  6. Steelhauler1246

Yep. Crappy the way they did those guys.

Airborne and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    If in Daytona he could always accidentally forget the keys in the truck with the windows down. Go for a walk to stretch his legs and hope the truck gets stolen as well. How could the emplayer even get away with abandonment of the trunknown if the police report says it was stolen. And yes I know this is a little late but something to possibly think about also.

8. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    A little late?
    Also, OP has 13 posts, all in this thread.

Think about it..........................................

Bean Jr. and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  9. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Better late than never for airborne to hit the ground.

Airborne, Bean Jr. and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.