Stranded in Fargo North Dakota (e w Wylie)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ksbanks42812, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TankerYankr

TankerYankr Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Central US
    I think that they are required by the regs to get a 10 year work history, but are only actually required to verify the last 3 years.

bigblue19 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I wonder as well. He could always get to one of the truck stops there in Fargo, maybe hitch a ride east, maybe panhandle for some funds....

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    See that part I highlighted? It simply wasn't 2 bad choices. It is a series of bad choices with 2 consequences.
    How much unprotected sex did you have before getting that one pregnant? Even if it was once, how many bad choices have you made up to the point to make you think that was a good idea (drinking too much that night, and every night before for example. )
    One also does not get addicted to pot smoking it once. So again, how many bad choices were made to get to the point of addiction?

See, if someone is stranded 2,000 miles from home and the parents and the person stranded cannot come up with $83 then there have been 100's, if not 1,000's of bad decisions made on both their parts to get to that point.

I see it all the time with family members and ex-acquaintances. Have a nephew that has gotten some good paying jobs, but never lasts more than a month. I've heard him say "I will not work for someone that tells me what to do!" Umm, it's a job, do what the manager tells you....Every one of those jobs he got fired from is yet another bad choice down the road the op is on. All he has to do is choose to grow up, realize that he has to get a bit of experience and then he can dictate his work life. No he would rather get in fights with management,, get fired and never move out of his parents house.

And I say ex-acquaintances. Not much I can do about family, but if there is someone in my life that has been making bad choices all their life, I cut them out of mine. I don't need the influence. "Friends" that smoke pot, will eventually get me to smoke pot and that's just a big fat no. Get rid of them before the bad choices are made.

kemosabi49, jon69, bryan21384 and 3 others Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    All of those are facts. Smoking pot has cost me jobs, opportunities, and such. I have been marijuana free for 6 years. Even if it became legalized on a federal level, I don't think I would ever go back to it. I get the urges after all these years, but i haven't looked back. I don't look at having unprotected sex any different than having proctected sex. Simply because there is always that possibility. Granted, protecting yourself will reduce risks, but it's better to just use judgement and think the head on top instead of the head in the pants. I do concur, it's better to stay away from certain folks. My only regret is that I didn't realize pay attention to all of this stuff 7 years earlier, but it's never to late to make a a change. It took the owner of my current company to say the right thing to me. Now my head is on a swivel.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I believe she said "speak your truth", and it was in reference to not letting powerful people "define the truth". IE say what you know to be true, even when speaking that truth will be hard and painful - for you or those around you.

justa_driver Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It would suck if he got stranded near a TA. Many of them have Popeye's Chicken. There's something about the smell that draws you in there, and seeing how he is broke, that would have been torture. I only had that thought because I'm at a TA with a Popeye's Chicken

Lab work Thanks this.
  8. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Bad situation for sure but theres a lesson to be learned in it- Never go to Orientation broke because you never know what will happen. Even after I got hired on at orientation, I always kept enough money to get me back home if something happened no matter where I was at. Its not only the smart thing to do, it also keeps the company from thinking they have you over a barrel, and many do think that sometimes. Look out for number 1, thats the name of the game in over the road trucking. If you dont, nobody else will.

bryan21384 and Lab work Thank this.
  9. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    So what happened to the kid? Is he still in ND?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    You’re right she did say speak your truth after I went back and checked. Regardless of who it is, I personally could care less about what someone defines as the truth, if it deviates from the facts. It seems society is trying to make truth subjective as we witness all the time with social media and biased stories. When I was a cop on any call involving two parties, I always told them there are three sides. Your side, their side, and somewhere in there amidst the omissions and exaggerations is the truth.

I am all for that meaning of telling it like it is, a lot of people need to hear it. You do them no favors by sugarcoating it, and I am raising my kids to understand life isn’t fair and to always be honest and forthwright. As far as the OP goes, it’s both sad and true that a lot of people don’t even have money to get out of these predicaments. Thanks for the post.

bryan21384 and gentleroger Thank this.
  11. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Looks like the concerned parent was just looking for a ride for the son.

hauler881 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.