Strange or bizarre tips for drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jlkklj777, Oct 25, 2007.

1. pebhvac

pebhvac Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    :yes2557:that works real well unless your hat gets yanked off. A less painful way to stay awake is to thin your blood. 3 asprins will do just that. good for another 2 hrs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. t2000isx

t2000isx Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2008
    North Charleston, SC
    yes...and when you nod off again and get in a accident god forbid your blood will be so thin you will bleed to death before anyone even knows what happened:biggrin_25524:

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    You want tears??? Do like the Mexican drivers did in 1957. Pop a little green chili pepper out of your shirt pocket;snap off the end, and wipe it across our lips (lightly).
    This is how my Mexican "relief" driver stayed up to watch me drive us from Laredo to Vera Cruz.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    PINCHE CALIENTE!:smt103:smt103

I used to love those jalapinos, now even the thought gives me heartburn!:smt011:smt011:smt011:smt011:smt011

6. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Cigars will work... You doze a little, teeth and lips relax and the Tampa Nugget will drop staight down the V of your legs and land in the TENDER zone. If a top of hood vent (old 50's trucks) is open and air flowing out from under the dash you can get a blast furnace effect pretty quick.
    You know you are too tired to go on when you light a fresh cigar, draw that 1st puff and casually roll down the window, shake your new Zippo lighter to put it out, then toss it out the window like a match...

joeyneedlz Thanks this.
  7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551:
    Why worry about sliding tandems on a trailer you
    shouldn't be pulling in the first, or last, place? :biggrin_25512:

8. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Well it is not a perfect world. Automatic slack adjusters can and do fail. I have pulled trailers from customers that had this very issue and taken it directly to a company shop in transit rather than wait several hours for a road service truck to come to me.

That said I always make sure my axle weights are legal so I do not get any additional scrutiny from DOT at the scales. I have used chock blocks, curbs at the customer, and even a big rock once to get my weight correct.

Of course there are many things that I do that may not be strictly legal but I get the job done.

I also think the state of Massachusetts requires parked trucks to use chock blocks to this day. I see the signs every time I pull into a service plaza on I90.

9. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    Brickman,everyone knows that you use your fith wheel puller to snag snacks,not a backscratcher!!!!! Those are for snagging your jacket off the bunk~~

10. Ky Dreamin

Ky Dreamin Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Vine Grove, Ky.
    Thanks for the Laughs...
    and good Info..

You guys are really Funny...
    Luv this forum..

11. bookemdano

bookemdano Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2008
    twin cities,mn
    I find a set of wrenches takes up less space than blocks, for those pesky out of adjustment trailer brakes.:biggrin_25524:

joeyneedlz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.