Strange things said on the CB at truck stops.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by DoubleO7, Feb 8, 2021.

1. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    You newer drivers missed out on CB fun, you didn't need a cell phone for those bored moments. It was bad for your mental health though too.

CheeseCracker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Itonlyme

Itonlyme Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2022
    It been 12 hours since I experienced a strange trucker at a rest stop at 5:00 am in the morning. A sixteen wheeler pulls into the parking lot with the passenger cars. I am sitting in my car combing my hair as this trucker stares at me and continues walking to the restroom area without breaking his glare. He comes out looking around and walking in the opposite direction. When he stops and turns around looking and walking towards my car. I start my car and leave the rest stop. It felt like the few cars and trucks were a deterrent to whatever was going through his mind. I make it a rule to never be in a isolated location regardless of the time. He was looking for a lot lizard or a easy mark..and I was neither.. Be aware and stay safe.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Since nobody else will ask.......What were you doing in a rest area, in your car, at five in the morning?

mjd4277, Oxbow, okiedokie and 3 others Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    More than likely he was worried about some weirdo in the rest area combing her hair at 5am. No telling what kind of crazy that is. I'd keep my eyes on said person too.

6. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    CB has been pretty quiet lately, usually if it's a bunch of drivers held up due to weather or traffic jam that will stir up commotion. I changed my slogan to "just installed my radio what lane?".

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    WELCOME TO T.T.R.!!

So you do such very often as well maintaining a TIME STAMP??
    That's invariably a strange anomaly, the "12 hour span".
    So only at 1700 and 0500??

HOW Could You confirm the person was "looking for a lot lizard or easy mark"?
    Some people just "look" or "stare" with no further interest with the "stare" seemingly an uncomforting bit depending upon situational awareness.

I've seen people wearing/not wearing clothing, day & night, in vehicles (Cars/Trucks) "combing their hair" (or what appeared to be) and I wasn't very "dangerously close" nor concerned about nefarious activity.

Have a Travelling companion like a German Shepard or Sawed Off Shotgun or TASER.
    - - - -
    Do Your Best To Remain HEALTHY & SAFE In Future Travels!!
    CHEERS!!

8. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    My wife always asks the jerks “u wanna get laid driver?” In her sexy voice. When she’s singled on out she’ll tell em to crawl up a chickens a ss and wait. Gets em every time

mjd4277, rabbiporkchop and Val_Caldera Thank this.
  9. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Wife & I at:
    Google Maps,
    in a 6 wheel 6 speed Freightshaker Straight Truck with Sleeper.
    "Broke Down" waiting for A Service Tech because "I Had An Idea" and absent mindedly drained the Fuel/Water separator, so of course no running engine.
    Called base and they called a solution.
    On C.B. chatting with some folks when some rabid gay (sounding) guys wanna chat.
    So I changed my "Handle" to Stinky Pinkie as well Voice to "fit" profile.
    Person/persons were inviting us to have a "Party Shower".
    It got weirder from there as well hilarious.
    No "in person" invites, just radio blather.

I utilized the "stinky pinkie" routine at other Truck Stops with varying humor, invitations or 3, as well "Shut The Cluck Up".
    (I didn't have a Front Door Open nor was I a Chicken Hauler (Not a Cluckstar), just a Freightshaker, Cornbinder, Pete, K Whopper, minor Volvo, Mack and Ford dude.)

Most people paid zero attention except at Baltimore, X 57, as well Jessup, MD., probably because there are hotels.
    Jessup was fun before the surrounding Fences went in, then it seemed more like a PRISON.
    Also "found out" that leaving your Marker Lights On when parked up Idling is a lizard Request, so I shut mine off and watched a girl across from me in and out of 10 trucks.
    That was the LAST time there!
    The Thing with hookers/lizards is that the majority CAN'T READ!
    They SEE the NO LOT LIZARDS Sticker yet knock/pound on the door, to receive a NOT INTERESTED and yet fail to comprehend that response....she was a looker too what with pock marks on face, scrappy hair from Rain, a certain undefined ODOR that wafted into the Cab (and the "odor" oozed out a window with the A/C on, probably could have seen it in Daytime), missing and crooked teeth and seemed stoned or similar...and appear again after a coupla hours in worse appearance......and again around 23:59. That was at a Flying J in Kansas City, KS X 57, I-435 (that place seems correct in Parking Slots) and after its' 3rd attempt, noises became quieter up the road in a Heavy Thunder, Lightning and Rain Storm.
    Found some less populated spot I-35 North and it was blissful.

The GOOD OLE DAYS when the C.B. was constant CHATTER, 24/7!!
    Last 5 years OTR-Dedicated, rarely got responses or got the "Just Turned On Your C.B. To Check Traffic?"
    "No princess, just increased volume."

Thanks!
    CHEERS!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    Reason for edit: corektin a locashun
  10. johnsonbar502

johnsonbar502 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022
    In Knoxville, I just pulled into the PTC when a crackle on the CB caught my attention. This driver wanted to know if anybody had flies in the cab. Seems like he had a pet lizard was hungry. The banter went back and forth with.... what kind of files...any problem with dead or alive flies... male or female......I got a fly name George (something like that?) This business never ceases to entertain.

11. johnsonbar502

johnsonbar502 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.