Student Drivers Be Aware of Werner Scams

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by romil, Jul 16, 2008.

1. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east
    had a werner recruiter come to my trucking school,stated you will have a dedicated route in 45 days...i asked why so soon he stated the turnover rate is 72 % and that is why you would be dedicated.i think the turn over rate slipped and he thought no one caught it..me being an old police detective it stuck to my ear like glue.i asked if i were to come to your company as a newbie and i receive a dedicated route in 45 days it seems you are recycling new hire for those who quit.ahahah he gathered his briefcase and left as he he was walking to the door some of my radical class mates through his werner material at him as he was leaving :biggrin_255: what was the reason you couldnt use your cell phone in the truck ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Ya know...when I was touring a CDL school the other week, the Counselor kept trying to push Werner on me. I wonder if she gets a "gratuity" for every student that she refers to Werner.

I had to tell her three times that I was not necessarily interested in a job immediately after school since I still have 5 years before I retire from the Navy.

4. carzntrks

carzntrks Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2008
    I 75 No
    I recently had the opertunity to talk with several Werner drivers in training, at a very nice hotel in central Fla. First they all had alot of questions as to a good company to work for, which I thought odd being they were still in training at the hotel. They were al amazed at the fact that when I am out on the road I stay at the hotels due to the fact that my car carrrier is a day cab anyways I found the process very odd. There I was at this hotel with I am not sure how many Werner drivers it was almost like being at a truck stop but the simple fact was with all the trainees that I talked with and it did seem that I was being asked alot of questions as an outsider I guess, I did not find not a one that seemed to be happy at that point. I am not sure if it was because it was a Friday evening or if it was because it seems as all night long another truck would pull up with a Dollar General trailer and another student would come out with all his belongings and load up. It seem to me that they should have a system of pairing you up not just Hi how are you and lets go. And as far as sharing a hotel room not a chance in Hell

5. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Did you all get cheap pizza on that day?

When werner came to my school he bought pizza for everyone I could not be concerned on what he had to say I was just waiting for the free food atleast that made it worth me sitting through all the lieing.

Sure the schools get referal fees by most of not all companies that is how it works.
    Why else would a school offer applications for some companies.
    I had my instructors at school tell me no don't go here or there and gave me a little insight on that company.
    I applied mostly to the ones that were atleast half good.
    I will admit I did apply to swift but was turned down due to income is what I was told but it may have had something to do with the little accident that I had that was not over 12 months old yet.
    Was not charged with the accident but it was on paper so I was reporting it myself just to make sure that it did not pop up and bite me in the behind.

ps that was good that you made the werner salesman mad he got what he deserved.

6. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    I never heard of a company turning you down for imcome, unless they claimed you were to over qualified (what ever that means), but it does sound more like that accident did you in like you stated.. Or because their know to have to many accidenst with drives and did not want another one LOL...

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I knew a trainers g/f in central fl who claims he was making 120k a year. Is that even possible with Werner?

Hunter

8. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    before taxes fuel etc it may be possible if he was an owner opp that had his truck paid for.

9. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    The only ones I have seen make that money are o/o or husband wife teams..

10. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east

nope no pizza,but we did get a ruler and a ink pen...wow.my insturctors were like its your choice not mine if you go with them,us being newbies we didnt know but i smelled his horse #### a mile away.he talked about 10 mins....then he gatherd his cheap werener material and exited the door with a werner ink pen almost hitting him square in his posterior...ahahaha:biggrin_25525:

11. pt trucks

pt trucks Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2008
    denver,co
    COULD BE WORSE. you could get 11 cents a mile at may trucking... hang in there bro. and get outa there... there are way better companies out there.. you dont always have to work for the large corps.. hell.. buy a cheap truck and go on your own.. you will clear 1900 a week just getting away from them.. werner blue sucks....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.