student requesting driver interviews

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MaizeNBlue88, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I would help you but I don’t deal with people from that school up north

taodnt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    1) 43 years
    2) same as other driver here, rand McNally, book.
    3) what takes the most time, going from Indiana, back to Chicago, the dumb buffunes driving trucks, getting into wrecks every frekin day, blocking traffic, holding up traffic, TRAFFIC NOT MOVING. No problem parking, no dock appts. simple paper work, climb down out of truck, 20 min drive home. got done today, home 10:30 am, cut grass. work under 8, still get paid for 8. I LOVE MY JOB

4. @TripleSix is on retainer min. $1000./hr for his advice.

TripleSix and Wargames Thank this.
  5. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Giving advice is one thing, knowing how to use it is another. I don't think this kid will have a clue how this all works. Ha, Ha, Ha

6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    I go to this one stop on the north side of Chicago, 2 time s a week. And all of the sudden , like freakin clock work, here comes fed/ex. Young lady, from Romania. nice girl. But in the middle of my delivery, " How long you gonna be? I have to be done by 10:30" Well, IM not going to stop my delivery, so she can toss 50 cartons in the middle of my delivery. How bout is come along and do the same? Not gonna happen. Now it just hearing that voice, makes me ….... !! Young people don't know how to wait In line, and THEY WILL ALWAYS FREAKIN HOLD UP THE LINE. DANNNG

7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Hey now, I've been a student over the years at various times. These Q and A's are a good way to form a nice paper of a lengthy amount. Better than digging for articles worthy of peeling off and pasting quotes from.

I've been driving off and since getting my CDL-A in 2004. About eight years in total for a consecutive number.
    Qualcomm for logs, and Rand McNally or Google Earth for navigation.

Hardest part of driving for me would be the parking and the hours spent on the job. Nothing beats a set schedule.

MaizeNBlue88 Thanks this.
  8. MaizeNBlue88

MaizeNBlue88 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Thanks for the response! Are there any other apps you use along with your Rand McNally and Google Earth? And how do you deal with finding parking?

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Apart from dispatch and experienced driver's direction, nothing else really. As for parking, I drive a daycab so it's either the yard, or motels for anything over 1-2 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.