Study suggests medications like Ozempic can do more than help patients shed some weight

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    There are other opinions on this drug that aren't as positive . Europe wont hardly prescribe it , but in good ole U. S . The F.D.A. Is bought and paid for by big pharma .

3. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I will say this. I do take a GLP-1 medication for diabetes it has tremendously helped me to the point I no longer need insulin. There are many side effects from different medications. I myself had to take lower doses as I could not eat. I never felt hungry and when I did it was minimal. I think k having a doctor that is knowledgeable and tenacious is necessary.

4. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    This is right way to use it , but its being called the next wonder drug for weight loss . Its especially big in hollywood

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I will do absolutely everything to avoid pills and meds. I was on heartburn meds daily for 6 months and wasn't about to be reliant on those forever. I used that time to work out what foods were triggering it and I have hardly touched the meds in over a year.

broke down plumber Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    a few things

1) do not take meds for a condition you do not have, such as is the case of taking this diabetic med, and you ain't a diabetic

2) no pharma company should prescribe meds over the phone by talking with one of thier doctors

3) only your primary care doctor knows your personal health, anyone can easily lie to get what they want from a phone-in doctor.

4) to obtain meds under false pretenses such as obtaining ozempic, made for and continues to cause shortage for those who ARE diabetics, and NEED this med.

5) i feel no sympathy for the pain, and suffering these nit wits are going thru. people getting this med from an online doctor at the pharma companies, are (to me) stealing it from those in dire need for it, to control thier blood sugars.

6) finally, no pharma company should ever have a "call in line" to talk with the drug maker company doctor to be prescribed meds...this should be your own primary care physician's duty and resposibility.....to by pass your own doctor, makes you at fault for your troubles.

7. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    Too much money in it , they dont give a dam about whats right . Money caviar 1st class travel section i think i need a leer jet .

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and this is why meds prices are so dang high...all those bonuses the pharma board members get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.