stupid is stupid does ??

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Dam Yankee, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dam Yankee

Dam Yankee Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Culpeper, Va
    Just a simple question, After receiving my permitts for CDL-A, Bus,AirBrakes and all that BS, is there a short bus(Sorry)school I can do IE: hands on, instead of doing that all again? 5-8 weeks seems a long time to sit in class when I would like to be OJT.. Thanx all ... Dam Yankee

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    I am not sure that I understand your situation. You have passed the written tests to get a CDL learners permit? These permits are something new since I retired. Let me make the following point. Most of the time in truck driver training will be spent on the practice range and on the road, not in the classroom. Most of the time, you will be driving, riding with an instructor while another student drives, or riding while the instructor drives. It takes at least four weeks because apprentice style training involves demonstration by the instructor followed with practice by the student, over and over again, until certain things such as gear shifting become second nature. In the beginning, students will drift out of their lane while coping with the transmission, speedometer and tachometer. Only with weeks of practice will students be competent to go out on their own; and you can not train your body by reading about it.

Baack Thanks this.
  4. Dam Yankee

Dam Yankee Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Culpeper, Va
    ohhhhh ok... I thought I had to do it all over again... Thanks for clearing that up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.