Subaru vs Semi

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Moon_beam, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    I feel bad for the driver. Those 2 morons cut him off then tried to turn and caused a huge wreck. After my own wreck i can entirely imagine how he feels right now....poor guy.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    It is very hard to feel sorry for "those 2 morons". I do not understand the mentality of some people, willing to die to gain a position, willing to die to gain a few seconds, unbelievable!!!!! I actually feel sorry for the truck driver, for the rest of his life, this will be on his mind. The truck driver will suffer because of the stupidity of someone else. I certainly hope that the state of Nebraska sees what happened and do not charge the truck driver.

drvrtech77, mjd4277, InTooDeep and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    74/75 years old and still driving aggressive karma just caught up is all.. driver should feel no shame if accident occurred as stated ..

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Um, sorry for paying attention, but if you’re westbound and gonna turn left, wouldn't you be ok?

6. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    depends. My guess based on context is the car cut past the semi then near instantly stopped/heavily slowed because they either saw or missed their turn. The semi seeing/feeling he could not stop in time and because most shoulders up there are quite narrow likely tried to dodge left......just as the obliviois morons turned right into his path.

Seen that haooen so many times over the years in the news or videos it makes the most sense to me.

bzinger and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    Unless it's a single lane. The car passes the semi and then suddenly decides to turn left. As a truck driver you shouldn't swerve to avoid a car being stupid... I wouldn't. You pull out in front of me and I can't stop you've signed your death wish.

It seems to be a daily routine for drivers to get in front of me and then slow down or stop to exit... not a clue. I have drivers cut close behind me, I hit the air horns and then they flip me off. There's a HUGE lack of respect for what we all do out here so when someone gets killed doing something stupid, then that's one or two less idiots I have to worry about.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Oh, ok. I was thinking a turn lane. But I guess Mr Subaru was too stupid to just stay in the oncoming lane.
    That said, frankly, we've all seen it before and the reason we don't hit them is because we know they're about to do something stupid.

9. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    If they had stayed behind the truck they would not have been able to see their turn up ahead and would have missed it or at last second slammed on brakes in front of whomever was behind them anyway. So either way it is the trucks fault for being there yet again. We can’t win either way.

10. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    "if they had stayed behind the truck they would" still be alive, but they were in a hurry to make the journey out of time into eternity. They got their wish, they made it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.