Submitting dash cam videos to police department?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Wyldon

Wyldon Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2019
    [In an alternate reality: Trucker calls 911 to report a road rager. Trooper responds and collects trucker's dash cam video. Trooper then checks driver's logs and cell phone and notes call occurred while he was driving. Trucker receives a $2750 fine.]

Those dammn alternate realities!

D.Tibbitt and bottomdumpin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Not really.

Without stupid people how can the smart ones make money?

D.Tibbitt and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. Wyldon

Wyldon Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2019
    I was thinking more along the lines of the stupid ones jeopardizing our lives. If only I could develop the tech that allows me to instantly return stupid drivers back to their point of origin to start all over.

D.Tibbitt and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    You forgot to take your medication.
    There’s a headset hanging within arms reach.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i would imagine, that unless there was trading paint, the cops won't do anything.

the cops did not witness that. however in other news, traffic cameras at red lights, can get a person not only a ticket to pay, but also pics and a short video (you go online to see the video of you running the light..lol) , and a cop at the station, only has to view that red light runner, to make the final decision to send you that ticket.

i know this as one time, i nearly ran a red light in my personal vehicle, but stopped just as i passed the white line, and kept my foot on the brakes....that clearly shows on the picture and video, of me NOT running that light.......i saw the camera "flash" me.......and waited impatiently for several days.....and got nothing in the mail.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    These days, not a good idea. Stay,,,away,,,from,,,police stations! They are on "high alert" 24 hours a day. My ex-gf, while we on vacation once, found a set of keys, turned them into the local police dept., she was questioned for a half hour until I went in to see what was going on. You just drive the truck safely, let the cops handle their end, and don't worry, you don't see it, but these people that drive recklessly get their due,eventually.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Unless it is part of an active case the police will just round file your video. Stay professional expect them to be stupid and all will be OK. Keep making those video's because if you happen to trade paint THEN you can give that video to a cop and they will use it. Otherwise, it is a colossal waste of your time. Even the carrier safety depts are getting tired of all the videos they get. I told a guy the other day to start a youtube channel and post his truckers behaving stupid/badly videos there. <<The carriers do take notice just make sure you clearly name the carrier in the title.

booley, D.Tibbitt and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Yup, we should all dial 911 each and everytime we are cut off. I could see them do away with the whole 911 deal in just a month or two. lol

QuietStorm, D.Tibbitt and buddyd157 Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I see signs all over the place saying your now able to text 911 LOL crazy world

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Masshole

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.