suburban cab driver fired today and homeless today (want to get into trucking)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ElricOfMelnibone, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanderingaimlessly

Wanderingaimlessly Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    What is that supposed to mean? If I follow your pattern it is intended to be some sort of put down in your mind. By genetics are you trying to cleverly race bash? Interesting, reverting to child like behavior when challenged with words...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrianE

BrianE Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Livingston Texas
    Get on that phone and start talking to some recruiters. Take the offer that you are comfortable with and get after it. Once you get your foot in the door and get some experience, you can figure out what you need to do next. Word hard and you will make it.

4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Fast track your application to the megacarriers, and like briane says, get on the phone. As long as everything checks out you should be good to go. They will bus you in most likely to the nearest orientation. I emphasize with your situation and wish you luck, where are you now?

Wanderingaimlessly Thanks this.
  5. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Homeless people wanting to drive a truck has destroyed this once GREAT BUSINESS....

6. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Right Landstar, bums are now driving 80,000 lb semis and destroying the great business....along with their coin cups they also bum people for money as a side job at loves and pilots nationwide. Great observation.

7. Wanderingaimlessly

Wanderingaimlessly Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Get used to this type of mentality OP. Unfortunately most of these children will bash you rather than offer a few kind words of encouragement or add anything of any intelligence.

HotH2o and toostroked Thank this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    \

I dont mean to be harsh, but if this guy didnt get fired from the taxi job, where would he be? Still in the car slacking. What is he looking for?It's like someone getting caught shoplifting and apologizing. Is the apology sincere, or is it coming because he's in a bind? What is OP looking for? To make changes for the better? I wish he were. I would love to see the guy bump this post in a year and tell me a success story and tell me to eat crow. Bad habits are hard to change though.

Like ShootThis said, Life is harsh. It's sink or swim for all of us. Thing is about being in America, there's ALWAYS opportunity. If you decide not to take advantage of opportunity, thats your choice. My heart will not bleed.

reefer75, Joetro, landstar8891 and 4 others Thank this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Why did you get fired? Why did you only make 200/week? If you suck at managing your life, how do you propose to manage your time over the road (along with 80,000 lbs )?

Being of superior intelligence will be as much a help as a hindrance in this industry. You wouldn't be alone, however. I'd wager there are 2 mensa qualifiers at every truck stop (and 20 who think they ought).

Chase05 and ShootThis Thank this.
  10. dogchimp

dogchimp Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Apply to prime, if you can scrape together the hundred dollars for he admin fee, they will pay for your bus ticket to the terminal, and if you sta for a year the cdl school is free. you get a 200 dollar loan during the student driving portion, then when you get your cdl, a gurenteed 600 dollars, or .12 cents a miles a week until ou get 30k miles in (about 2-3 months) and upgrade to your own truck, anyway PM me if you want more info

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You should follow your own pattern. You post a sob story about your dad and your brother in another thread, and you point to your time of self destruction in this one. That makes it 3 for 3 in your immediate family.

landstar8891 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.