Suddenly lost heat in cab, 2001, 379, any suggestions on what happened?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Mr. Cob, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Light Load Member

Howdy stayinback,

That's what I am thinking but I don't have a clue where it is and I don't want to tear half the truck apart looking for it, I was hoping someone who has knowledge of such things would offer up some instructions. Thanks for your post.

Dave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hey Dave- Should be tucked up on top of your heater core area- On Mine it is , For the Time being until you order a new one (Under $100 bucks) Find yours near the hvac duct work- Should be passenger side under/above glove box area

Mr. Cob Thanks this.
  4. Mr. Cob

Howdy stayingback,

Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow at that area. I remember when I was installing the air operated trailer brake I had the entire lower section of the dash all tore apart I was looking to see what was hidden back there but don't remember any sort of duct work. That said I didn't take apart or need to look under the glove box so that area is still a mystery to me.

Dave

5. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Rh lower kick panel needs to come out (passenger feet area)
    Behind there are 2 actuators. Far right is recirc, left should be blend. Sweep the heat control from cold to hot and you should see the end of the actuator turning to match the dial. If it doesnt, remove the actuator. Check to see if the door moves by hand (no pliers!!) And if it does it is just a failed actuator.

Mr. Cob Thanks this.
  6. Mr. Cob

Howdy pushbroom,

THANK YOU, you have again come to my rescue. This forum and the folks who are on it are some of the most helpful people on the internet. I'll make this test tomorrow and check back with the results. :)

Dave

7. Mr. Cob

Howdy All,

I want to thank everyone who offered help in solving my problem especially @pushbroom. It was the heater blend door actuator that was the problem, I looked all over checking prices on the part, it seems that the "Dorman" brand is the one to buy, I bought it at Auto Zone, tax included it was $60.05, LIFE TIME warranty good at any Auto Zone store in the country. That price beat most of the ebay prices and I didn't have to wait two weeks to get the part or pay any shipping. Thanks again.

Dave

Roberts450 and pushbroom Thank this.
  8. 3GN

3GN Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Does anyone know where is blender/acuator location on petr 359 ? I have same problem

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.