Summitt Trucking, LLC - Clarksville, In.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by charnock, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Silvereagle01

Silvereagle01 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Dont know about them, im sorry but it was in the news they filed bankrupcy and im not positive but I was also hearing they were closing the doors. but i may be wrong would not be first time just ask my wife hehe. :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RonJL

RonJL Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    ohio
    yea i knew they filed but i sent a app. to them and they are hireing.just curious if anyone knew anything about them.thanks

4. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    I just googled them. You should do the same. One article says they filed bancruptcy because their finacial leander went out of business. They also a web-site you can look at.

5. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    I know I see a lot of their trucks in this part of the country. I've wondered about them, too. Seems like they have a lot of different types of trucks, which isn't necessarily bad. Also, I'm seeing more and more of their dropped van trailers in the same places we've got dropped ones.

Hopefully someone will fill us in on a little more about them.

6. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I merged a couple older threads on summit into a new one
    Go back in the new thread and do some reading

ampm wayne Thanks this.
  7. RonJL

RonJL Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    ohio
    hey wheatlight did you ever find out anything on summitt?

8. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    If they're hiring and you go to work for them, always check to make sure you have plates on the equipment. Especially on the trailers. They used to plate only a certain amount of their trailers and let the others go without. Figured that they wouldn't get stopped enough to make a difference, cost of plates vs. cost of a few tickets.

9. hefetrub

hefetrub Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    louisville ky
    Do not work for Summitt Trucking. They filed bancruptcy and hopefully won't survive much longer. Their equipment is dated and falling apart and since there is no credit lines or cash storage they mostly patch problems and never fix them. Driver pay has been slashed to a rate that a recent driving school graduate would laugh at it. Their average length of haul is approximatley 300 to 400 miles. Everyday you will hit loading and unloading docks at least once or twice and absolutly burn up your hours of service. However Summitt doesn't care about this. You will have to run loose leaf or two log books just to get 2200 miles a week. Management know that drivers do this as they encourage it. The company will force you to haul Kroger loads out of the Louisille DC at a rate of $12 or mileage, which ever pays less. They boast you will be home weekends which is just a vile recruiting tool. You may be home 2am on Saturday and leave back out at noon on Sunday. That facilitates your weekend. And your qualcomm will blow up with messages requarding these Kroger runs. So don't expect to have a weekend at all. If you are lucky enough to get home also expect your phone to ring constantly to go back to work. I highly suggest you stay away from Summitt as it's a very toxic employer. I recommend that if you want to be regional to do your homework on other more reputable carriers. You would be much better served to haul for quality carrier for 2 weeks at a time and not have to endure their incompetent practices.

10. Wild Kat

Wild Kat Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I work for Summitt Trucking and hope they do survive. They did file Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and are reorganizing the place. Ive been here 3 yrs now and I like it. I haven't had any problems. Miles have slowed some weeks but I still do good compared to what others are telling me they are getting. I don't plan on going anywhere.

11. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Recruiter alert:biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551:
    In order to do a good fake posting you need to spend a few days going around making insightful and cerebral replies to other posts and start a couple of your own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.