Summitt Trucking, LLC - Clarksville, In.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by charnock, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Driver020976

Driver020976 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2007
    LaGrange, KY
    Just finished orientation and am hired today 7/21/09. Seems like good people so far. I live like 20 min from the terminal and they gave me a choice of OTR or Part Time. I took Part Time as it = weekends, but free to work as you desire through the week. Mostly out and back. If that isn't enough than I am free to go OTR. We had a class of 9 counting myself. I have not seen much of their equip yet cause most of the trucks were out, but the one that I drove for the road test was the nicest truck I have ever been in. Auto Shift, built in fridge, apu, and one of those norad things. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hefetrub

hefetrub Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    louisville ky
    Your test truck is always nice. Lets follow up with this after you recieve your "real" truck and see if all the amenities are there and up to snuff. My apu and refrigerator never work. And have fun when the X.Y coordinator leaves you stranded for 6 hours. I do wish you the best of luck though. There are nice people who work for Summitt, but people aren't why we do it.

4. Driver020976

Oct 28, 2007
    LaGrange, KY
    so far so good. I like the freedom of working days that I want, and out and back. A typical day is pick up relay at clarksville in yard. Del to springfield OH. DH to Columbus to pu pre ld trl. Del clarksville yard for relay. Go home. Truck has fridge. Dont know if it works, never use it. Has the norad, but that thing is junk. Unless you are just not paying attention you will notice traffic slowing in front of you, and the sensor on the right side is always picking up gaurd rails and crap like that. Truck is a automatic. That is real nice going thru cincinnati in the am. The company treats us as adults. No one in a "log dept" trying to find falsifications. They expect you to know how to log. Primary fuel is flying J (including the pumps on the yard). That is about all I can give you for now.

Baack Thanks this.
  5. RonJL

RonJL Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    ohio
    dang it knew i shouldve took a job there.

6. nitecamper

nitecamper Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Ky
    thhough thi

7. nitecamper

nitecamper Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Ky
    full of misinformation! Most drivers at Summitt are doing nowhere near that well.

8. dclem

dclem Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Well, I'm a little late here but wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I've been at Summitt since July of 2007. The trucks are getting some miles on them but I'm satisfied with the one I have. It's only the second truck I've been in since starting here. I primarily run Kroger and am home EVERY weekend, and even spend an additional night or two at home some weeks. I'm averaging about 2600-2800 miles a week, which is about right for me. I'm constantly offered additional runs if I want them. My dispatcher is VERY easy to get along with. I usually take a Kroger run to Southern Illinois, sometimes only one stop but rarely more than two, then deadhead to either Anheuser Busch or Dial in the St. Louis area to pick up a preloaded trailer. Sometimes I even deadhead to Springfield, TN for a preloaded trailer. You can run good miles with Summitt if you want to work.

Is the company perfect? No, there aren't any perfect ones out there. Are there financial problems? Well, everyone seems to be having them these days. However, I've never gone without a paycheck, and I'm certainly not job hunting right now.

Baack Thanks this.
  9. Driver020976

Oct 28, 2007
    LaGrange, KY
    Gotta love that dog food place in springfield:biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518:

10. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Did I understand correctly, that they have a driving school attached to the company? They train drivers there?

11. Driver020976

Oct 28, 2007
    LaGrange, KY

No school. They only want like 1 yaer exp though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.