Sunco in Lakeland fl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by firecracker24, Aug 6, 2018.

1. firecracker24

firecracker24 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    lakeland,florida
    when I first started with this company over a year ago they had freight and the people were good to work with. Sadly since they changed management no one seems to know how to run a trucking company. The main man came from swift, followed by a swift dispatcher and switch shop foreman. Since these people have come over the company has gone downhill. They are trying to get rid of oos by saying there’s no freight and the shop always tears up the oos trucks when they are brought in for inspection or work. Example my truck was in shop for broken clutch rod, head mechanic puts wrong part on. Truck didn’t drive right took it back to be down another three days til right part could be found. Next was hard starting they replaced batteries three times, starter twice and cylinoid truck still doesn’t start right. Last I quit Sunco and as a going away present they disconnected my jake brakes cruise control and apu. Don’t come to this company for your own sanity. It’s not worth dealing with these people and their lack of knowledge...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you have documentation of being forced to incur losses reconnecting and making right what you claim Sonoco's People did to your truck with a adverse result against you, then you need to find a lawyer and take this to small claims. Also examine a case as a sort of retaliation against you for quitting.

Now if a shop is unable to order the correct part and drop it in to fix it right, that's not a good shop.

I'll leave off the rest of it. Except to ask what in the world caused three sets of batteries (9 or 12 in total) to have to be swapped out? To me that's like 10 years worth of truck batteries. What in the world did you do or did they do?

As far as the management where did the original people go or do after they were bought out or transferred out with the new people coming in to management?

That leads to a additional question, if the original managers were very good and they end up somewhere else possibly still running a trucking outfit, why did you stick and not throw in with them out the door?

Any time a company had a complete change of management it's usually time to right then GTFO of there and find something else to do, hopefully with the invitation of the original people who left the leadership positions.

Puppage Thanks this.
  5. Earlytimes

Earlytimes Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Why would you run for the low rate they pay, anyway?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. mattymatt

mattymatt Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2014
    God I just hate Lakeland, FL altogether.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.