Superior carrier questions for IC's

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by simplmn80, Nov 1, 2018.

1. simplmn80

simplmn80 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    nokomis,il
    Wondering if any sbl ic's on here could shed some light on gross pay averages. Possibly out of creola,al area. Looking at possibly getting another truck in the future. Also, i cant find any truck requirements anywhere on their website... Anyone?

jt road hammer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Figure on 1.80-2.00/mile running average. Last year I ran about 86k miles, this year probably less. Next year will be better with the way things have picked up. I try to average 5k for every full week of running, some weeks are a lot more some a lot less. There are some good opportunities to run dedicated lanes/customers that pay well and are consistent, but it will vary from terminal to terminal. One of the things you have to look at is the rate for the loads your terminal has. If they haul cheap, you might want to think twice about becoming IC.

As for truck requirements, its really only pump/compressor and maybe HIT. Otherwise as long as its dot legal and new enough to wire in a qualcomm you should be good to go.
    fwiw a lot of us run mid-roof Pete 379/389 with Cat (pre-dpf) engines.
    If I were you, I'd look for something with a fresh in-frame, 270 or less wb, 13 speed, 3.25-3.55 rears, a big enough cab and sleeper to keep you comfortable, and a solid service history. Plan on spending 20k+ per year in maintenance.

Truemac, Termite20 and jt road hammer Thank this.
  4. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    NC do they do fueling programs for you guys as well. Forgive me if its already been asked as well how do plates get done? Still learning myself and jsut getting started but end goal is owning my own truck.

5. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    yea thats all deducted out of your settlement. You can get your own bobtail/workers comp but its usually cheaper to just get it through superior. Only thing you need to get that superior doesnt offer is a toll transponder/prepass and health insurance.

Termite20 and ttypewe4jim Thank this.
  6. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    are you out of High Point or Wilmington?

7. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    neither, auburn me

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    huh? I was going off of your 'username'. But, ok.....

9. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    ya i was driving for schneider bulk out of charlotte when i made it.

10. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    lmao...I'm sorry to hear. They are the 'Swift' of tankers. Plus, I've heard about how they really treat their drivers. They used to be a great company to drive for, up until the mid-90's from what everyone(older) has told me. I've never looked into them at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.