Superior Carriers, 2 years in review

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Truemac, May 27, 2019.

1. KENNE1982

KENNE1982 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Sweet! I’ll definitely reach out to him.

Yup, Im waiting on the terminal manager to return my call. I may end up making the trip up there this week just to introduce myself.

Thanks for the advice

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Good move.

ethos and KENNE1982 Thank this.
  4. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I've heard people say "nothing says we hate drivers like buying Internationals". I dunno how true that is as I've never driven one.

5. Truemac

Truemac Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I personally think the International fleet is my one "black mark" on the company. I've driven several maxxforce Prostars with my last company and they were all hot garbage. The LT I'm in now was assigned to me brand new in November. It's no different aside from an updated dash. You feel every bump in the road twice, It throws exhaust temp warnings if it sits in traffic for more than 10 minutes, and the automatic is way too hesitant for my tastes. Just north of 40k, it sheared the bolt holding the belt tensioner in place, which resulted in me spending two nights in a motel and almost missing the start of my vacation and subsequent flight.

I've put serious thought into going the IC route just so I can do my job in a truck that has the same work ethic that I do.

6. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I do pop in! For me, Pasadena was the best terminal and had the best terminal manager. Now, I've been gone almost a year so things could have changed but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. San Antonio will probably be tough but still, call and ask.

7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    That might go over well. Superior is a very professional company and gestures like that go over well. Dress nice, lol!

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Oh boy Rob, it was an experience. It is amazing how bad some kids can be. We had over 200 fights, 15 arrests, 17 overdoses and amazingly only 2 assaults on teachers. It was interesting for sure. If I had never taken this job I would have never known a world like this existed.

But we now have a new Principal and he seems like he knows his business so I'm excited for next year. If we can get discipline right, we can turn the ship around.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Oh by the way, having 2 and a half paid months off is the greatest feeling ever! Although it started rough, I went to Mexico and caught a wicked case of Montezuma's Revenge.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    ####, where are you teaching Chicago?

ethos and slim shady Thank this.
  11. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Houston

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.