Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Hennif is percentage pay for company drivers where Superior is mileage I believe. Will be interesting for sure. Makes more sense than that Schnieder rumor.

Looking at the Hennif terminal map there are a few places where both companies have facilities. that shouldn't affect drivers much but some management positions could be shaken up if they consolidate.

DEllis Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Interesting. If the two companies do end up merged together you can bet whichever pay scheme favors the bottom line ( vs the drivers ) will be the one pushed across the entire enterprise. Like stated above, someone will end up taking a haircut especially if a private equity firm is calling the shots.

DEllis and Orange713 Thank this.
  4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Maybe but I believe company drivers at both companies are pretty close in annual pay. Superior bought Central Transport years ago. There were a few terminals that continued to be Union shops even after that Hourly pay for local work and demurrage isn't the same from terminal to terminal.

I imagine they will do one of 2 things. Leave it as is at both companies or evaluate gross driver pay per year and adopt a uniform pay scale. Stressful time for management staff. Drivers not so much. Just something else for us to ##### about

scythe08, MYSTYKRACER, DEllis and 2 others Thank this.
  5. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    And in a couple years drivers will left stranded on the road because the firm decides to dump the business. What made Superior what it is today is the private ownership.

Orange713 Thanks this.
  6. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    That’s why I keep money in the bank and don’t live paycheck to paycheck, I can always get home

Orange713 Thanks this.
  7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Its happening. Theres several guys on some FB groups that are confirming it.
    happening. Superiorheniff.jpg

8. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    So who's the "we" being referred to here?
    Heniff?
    The private equity firm?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on how this might impact hiring at Superior in the near term? I submitted an app about a month ago for the Pasadena terminal while I was in CDL school and was told by the Terminal Manager to get back to him once I'd completed the program and had my CDL. I passed my skills and road tests last week and should have my CDL in hand w/ endorsements by the end of next week.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  9. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    That just blows. Don't know much about Heniff but if they try to change Superior, I am jumping ship. The only change I would like to see is them getting rid of these International trucks.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Boom Tube Thanks this.
  10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Lol

11. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well, it wasn’t Schneider LOL

DEllis and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.