Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
  3. DEllis

DEllis Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Olympus Partners Purchases Superior Bulk Logistics

RESULTING MERGER WITH HENIFF TRANSPORTATION MAY PRODUCE LARGEST TANK TRUCK CARRIER IN U. S.
    The private equity firm Olympus Partners of Stamford, CT has finalized an agreement to acquire the assets of Superior Bulk Logistics (SBL), the largest privately held tank truck carrier in the U.S. Olympus is a major equity partner of Heniff Transportation Systems, a leading bulk liquid transport company with specialized intermodal expertise. Long term, SBL and Heniff — both with corporate offices located in Oak Brook, IL — will merge to form a single entity. The joining forces of these two highly-regarded industry leaders will create the most versatile bulk carrier network in the U.S.

4. DEllis

DEllis Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2019
    In the immediate future, the two companies will continue to operate independently, and the current management will remain in place. Stone estimates that many employees may experience little direct change as a result of the recapitalization. “It’s likely that the biggest impact felt by most people will be the result of major initiatives already undertaken by SBL in 2019 in dispatch, tank cleaning, driver training, and intermodal operations, ” he stated. “Fortunately, the corporate culture of SBL and Heniff — a mutual dedication to safety, and to doing right by our people and our customers— is remarkably similar. We’ll continue these traditions, building strength upon strength, complementing our respective operations with newly shared capabilities and best practices. The primary initial difference in operations will be an enlargement of scale, a considerable expansion of our geographic reach.”

5. DEllis

DEllis Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Can someone post Heniff pay scale in the Chicago area... just curious how it differs from SBL.There'll be changes for us, just wondering whether it'll be for the good, or if we'll be taking a cut.

SBL Current pay for company drivers .56 loaded,. 45 empty. $21.5 hourly for local

TIA Just Curious, as the announcement said for the immediate future, which means to me we'll probably be merged over the course of 2020

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  6. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    I wonder what prompted the announcement today given that everything we've been hearing for the last several months indicated the official word wouldn't come until after the first of the year? Also it'll be interesting to see if there's a move to rename / rebrand the companies to a single entity, either Heniff or something new entirely?

Also I'm wondering how this is likely to impact hiring and training in the immediate future? While SBL is known for bringing on and training new CDL holders, Heniff flatly requires two years of experience. I could see this being one change that comes sooner rather than later for the new united company as I understand it has a huge impact on insurance costs.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    DEllis Thanks this.
  7. DEllis

DEllis Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Think it was mostly speculation that there wouldn't be an announcement until after the first of the year, but Heniff made their announcement last week, and there's been LOTS of Rumors flying for several weeks now. I'm just glad it's out in the open, just hate not knowing what the future holds, and how we'll be impacted.

It sounds like you'll get in with no problem from what you've posted, just waiting on your license.... Best Wishes to u

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Hopefully, you will already have been hired and established at Superior before any hiring changes come.

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I'm wondering if Carry Transit is affected--the Food Grade sister company of SBL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.