Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    I wouldn’t might screw up driver pool for potential buyers. If the drivers not there it’s not a attractive buy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Business deals at this level are only going
    To be known by 2 or 3 people at the top.
    Everybody else is fed a line of bull that the
    Company is not for sale,and it's all lies.
    Till you wake up one morning and you
    Work for someone else.

This is way beyond what a terminal manager
    Needs to know.

4. jacausey

jacausey Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    baconton
    I went through this in the 90s with Burlington Motor Carriers. The company isn’t going to tell anyone anything until they absolutely have to. They are not going to release any info that might cause drivers to leave.

Bud A., scythe08, Lilj and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Man I haven't heard that name in years.
    Burlington motor carriers.
    They where a big company when I started.
    Shows how long I been out here.

haz-matguru and scythe08 Thank this.
  6. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I agree, I don’t care what an owner says about the company not being for sale. If the company is sold, you as a driver will be the last to know. I remember talking to a McKenzie driver right before they were purchased by Groendyke, and their owners said the same thing that the company was not for sale, next thing he knows, he works for groendyke. Happens all the time, it’s called business

yankatank and Western flyer Thank this.
  7. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    I've been through this a more than a couple of times in the corporate IT world and I'd agree, the closer you are to the bottom as a worker the later you're going to know about any major ownership or structuring moves the company is making. In the IT world it often had to do w/ off-shoring entire departments worth of jobs. I can't count the number of times I was lied to my face by an executive only to find out later a deal had been in the works for months. There's reasons for it I suppose, possibly anti-trust, likely also wanting to prevent a mass labor exodus, etc.

Superior was going to be my first choice to apply when I complete CDL school in December but I'm going to be following this story closely. I'm glad I formulated a "plan B" as well.

Bud A., ncdriver1 and Western flyer Thank this.
  8. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    really? You know some are in 'panic mode' over an article? From how I read the article, it seems it's only looking for a new owner, not all out company change. Remember, Mr. Burns DID pass away about 1-2 years ago. He started it and OWNED it. I wouldn't get all 'bent out of shape' until change actually 'happens'. But, to each their own.

9. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    There are a few drivers who are concerned about it, to say panic mode may have been an over exaggeration on my part. I’m like you, I’m going to keep doing what I do until actual change is made

yankatank Thanks this.
  10. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I took a new job after being a yard jockey to refresh on Regional after relocating south. My plan was to complete a year then look to move to Superior to train on tanking.

Not sure what to think of this rumor.

11. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    I know what you were saying....I made the post in the Superiors section about the freightwaves story...however, I haven't said anything to any drivers at the terminals I've been to. We all know how drivers love to 'talk', especially gossip. lol

Lilj Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.