Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    nothing to be scared of. Superior is a great company. Even IF Superior was bought out by a different company, I really don't see that, the changes could be either good OR bad. The same principle goes with ANY job....it's going to be good, OR bad! I'm keeping a positive look about this....as I DID work for a company that sold, after I left, from 1 owner to a larger company. But the company is still the same, just changed ownership! Take Abilene for example....they got bought out by Swift(caught everyone by surprise)...but I've asked a few drivers about it, and they said NOTHING HAS CHANGED...they are a separate fleet from Swift.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well this must be the time for trucking companies to buy each other out, just heard on the radio that heartland express bought millis transfer out of black river falls Wisconsin, that was kind of a surprise to hear

yankatank and Orange713 Thank this.
  4. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Yeah, they bought out Interstate a few years back. However, Heartless IS a 'Public company'! Meaning, Public companies buy out private companies to make the stock go up! DUH, Not saying you didn't know this...but it's just how trucking companies have been for years and years. Hopefully, Superior STAYS private!

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Private companies buy other companies for the same reason. All companies, whether public or private, want to grow their business and increase their profitability.

Orange713 Thanks this.
  6. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Get ready folks..........Schneider tank division and superior are merging. Should be official Jan 1st 2020. I've heard Superior management will be staying in place.

7. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    Lol so which color are they going to be orange or blue ? Million dollar question.

slim shady and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  8. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Navy blue and orange
    Go Bears.

This can't really be true? Can it?
    Im not buying it

Suspect Zero and Orange713 Thank this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm just passing the info on. I can't share who it came from, but so far they've been right before. (Mentioned the Heniff/miller merger 6 months before it happened. Knew GLS was being bought by QC, although I knew that also because my old company was in talks with them. He knew about one other, but I don't remember who it was)

I guess we'll know in about 5 months.

Bud A., slim shady and Orange713 Thank this.
  10. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    if it’s true it might be a mass exit like when kag bought enterprise chemical division

11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I cannot believe they would merge with Schneider. They are polar opposites when it comes to capability and reputation. I can't see how this is a win, unless Superior will have controlling majority which I dont see Schneider doing.

I'm absolutely stunned if this is true

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.