Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Let see if they delete my comment again on FB

slim shady and Lilj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well we will wait and see how this plays out, as a 16+ year employee of superior I have no problem updating my resume. I spent the first 6 years of my career with a mega carrier and have no desire to go back, may have to break out the guitar and start singing happy trails to you. But, again we’ll see how it plays out

Bud A., Suspect Zero, scythe08 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Dang it! I'm going to be finishing CDL training in December and Superior was going to be my way to get on w/ a descent company and avoid the rookie-mega trap! If this turns out to be true I have no desire whatsoever to step into the middle of corporate restructuring like this would be ( been there, done that, no thanks! ). Given I've heard Schneider's current bulk / tanker division is an absolute mess I'd rather get on w/ Schneider's Costco dedicated acct starting up here in Houston.

One reason I could see this happening though, It's well known that Superior has a great reputation and has built up quite the client base and good will especially in the southeast. When corporate acquisitions like this happen the larger company isn't really buying the smaller company for assets, what they're buying is the client base and market share. I can imagine Superior looks quite appetizing from that stand point. If it were to happen I'd bet that attractive pay package they've been getting at Superior will go right out the window, especially for new drivers!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  5. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Boy, talk about an odd couple, Schneider bulk and superior bulk

6. Truemac

Truemac Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I'll believe it when I see it because nothing about this makes sense. As others have said, time will tell.

Might be wise to pack a suitcase, just in case.

Lilj Thanks this.
  7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I fully admit when I heard it I had to scratch my head.

slim shady and Orange713 Thank this.
  8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I will probably ride it out. Planning to retire in 5 years. As long as they let me run the same dedicated freight and don't push me into system work I will stay.

My pension from my last job would pay 50k a year now. 69K in 5 years. If it's too bad I just quit and work part time somewhere outside of trucking.

Bud A., Cat sdp, Suspect Zero and 2 others Thank this.
  9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Anyone notice that SNI bought Watkins Shephard a while back, blew through their well earned customer goodwill, and shut it down not long ago? WS was a great entry company at one time, often recommended here.

One thing that could hurt the merger is a driver exodus now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Orange713 Thanks this.
  10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Pretty premature for now. This thread on TR is the only place on the web it's been mentioned other than the original post that included Hennif.

11. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I called my terminal manager earlier today to see if he could confirm or deny that rumor. He said that the burns kids (Mr. Burns founded superior) sent some one to evaluate the Pasadena tx terminal and the other superior and Carry transit sites trying to get some value on each property. But, as far as us merging with Schneider it was the first he had heard of that, now I don’t know if he was being truthful or not, but that is the answer he gave me. He just said that he is going to do his job and let the chips fall where the may

Orange713 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.