Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Maverick68

Maverick68 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2020
    PA
    Owner Operators: (Negative for O/O or Positive for company drivers)
    So far we have seen that rates are being cut on many loads for owner-operators. The Superior O/O are a bit unhappy and we might see them moving to other liquid bulk companies that are willing to pay them their worth. We have to remember these guys pay their own taxes, regs, and don't have the benefits of a company driver. On another note, I've never been a big support of O/O because I feel that these 2 companies barely have enough loads to keep company drivers moving. Especially nowadays. This is positive for company drivers because many of these guys will leave.
    Profit-Sharing: (Negative Change)
    No one has confirmed or denied this but you are probably not getting it if you work for Superior. This was a cool little benefit you got in the past. We got used to having it deposited by now. Nothing has been said. No one knows what is going on because no one wants to tell anyone.
    Paylocity: (Positive)
    Probably one of the most positive changes I've seen. Paylocity is extremely user friendly and give you a lot of opportunity to stay in touch with all your employee data.
    Insurance:
    As of right now no changes. Superior has better insurance so we are all hoping Heniff adopts this across the board.
    401K:
    As the market is unstable due to COVID19 this has already went to hell and not the companies fault. If any of you are hurting you can call of the Mass Mutual lender and ask for a COVID19 disbursement. If you have that 1 loan out don't worry they will still let you have it. Just let them know your hours have been reduced which for most of us have.
    New Trucks: (very positive)
    There are some Superior Drivers who are starting to get the new Petes. Beautiful trucks. Lots more room, great color, and runs like a dream.
    Rumored No Layover: (negative if true)
    It is rumored that Heniff does not pay Layover for OTR/Regional Drivers. If this is true I advised everyone to start looking for new jobs. It was confirmed by some office staff that works for Heniff but, I don't know them well so my faith in their truth is half and half. Can any Heniff Drivers confirm this?

We are starting to see some changes take effect. My main concern is I am starting to see Superior Staff and drivers with seniority and more experience being replaced. Maybe not directly as of yet but, they have been removed from the loop.

Since you cannot have two of everything many terminal managers will lose their positions. Many experienced well-loved terminal managers. Many local drivers could be replaced with friends of new terminal managers. Many guys who spend long days on the roads and hours waiting for loads will lose pay.

There are a few positives with Heniff but I am failing to see them. Maybe its because I am only familiar with what I can fish out of others. But, I will be honest I have been with Superior for a while and I'm happy. I am really afraid once the changes take over I will be unhappy. They need to start telling us things.

We have received a Qualcomm message from Bob Heniff that was somewhat reassuring but vague. But, you have to wonder will Superior be left out in the wind?

I'm super concerned about people losing their jobs. Especially during the times that we are teetering on the collapse of our economy. I'm thinking about finding another job before this gets bad fast. The lack of information and watching good people go to #### because they think they are losing their jobs is truly disheartening.

Speed_Drums and DEllis Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RichTrucker2020

RichTrucker2020 Light Load Member

May 30, 2020
    If layover pay is cut for company drivers, it's time to bounce. I was thinking switching to OO side but if rates are being cut too that sucks

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Maverick68

Maverick68 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2020
    PA

Yes, Heniff's drivers do not get Layover pay. This was confirmed by the Heniff drivers that were integrated into our terminal. As well as the dispatcher there for them. The owner-operators are all pretty upset. One recently told me he is now seeing a $300.00 drop on one of his loads

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  6. RichTrucker2020

May 30, 2020
    Without the layover pay, OTR pay will be pretty crap. Not much better than Schneider's.

Well, volume of loads is down due to Covid so the rate drop can be due to that

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    According to paylocity, layover is almost 20% of my pay. That would be unacceptable to not get it. I won't be away from home for free.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well, if they take my layover pay they better be prepared for me to only do out and backs, I can’t see myself sitting in Chicago for 3-4 days with no layover pay

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Anybody else get an online survey to fill out? Is this a regular Heniff thing?
    I have been on the management side of these. They can be a pain in butt for office staff in the hands of a micromanaging boss.

10. RichTrucker2020

May 30, 2020
    Well Heniff pays their company drivers on percentage pay. So the percentage pay might be higher than what we make on mileage and that might make up for the layover. Be nice if a Heniff OTR driver can chime in.

No, no surveys here

11. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I wouldn’t abandon ship so soon. At least give it a chance after things shake out and see how it is. As I said before I can’t imagine there’s much difference in pay. Almost everywhere there is a superior terminal there’s a Heniff terminal. If Superior drivers were making $70k and Heniff drivers $40 or $50k, Heniff wouldn’t be able to keep any drivers, and I believe the two companies have similar turnover percentages.

I would imagine every company’s bean counters have x% of each load budgeted for wages, so it probably makes little difference whether you receive that broken down into mileage/layover/sleeper berth, or one lump sum.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  12. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yeah, I recieved one on my email

13. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    What e-mail? Are we supposed to have a company e-mail account?

• Truckers Report Jobs