Superior Carriers pulling a 53 foot dry van?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, May 1, 2019.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    stopped at Greer terminal for tankwash and saw a local Carry daycab pulling a 53 foot dry van. What's up with that? lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Mac had me hook to a pup trailer to load 5 or 6 totes of acid waste at Shamrock once my first year with the company. They used it to balance pH on the tank wash waste water we haul back to them.

First and only time I ever bumped a dock

4. Cbp

Cbp Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2016
    They have a dry bulk local guy and another doing deliveries for the bakery in Spartanburg, last I heard.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We pull dry bulk trailers out and back to N Chicago several times a week from High Point.

6. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    yeah, I did that N. Chicago dry bulk run a few times. That one MESSES ME UP EVERYTIME. So use to the 'surge' and somehow, it feels 'lighter' than usual, and it's fully loaded. Where the h3ll did you get the pup trailer at? Was it rented? REALLY miss pulling doubles, but with all the changes at LTL companies, it's best i stay where I'm at. Now if I can only go out west....first year went out there a few times, now I can't even get to Texas if I took a bus ride.

7. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well, if you do come to Texas (Pasadena), be prepared to sit a couple of days. We have drivers from other terminals getting here and sitting 3-4 days before they get back out. I left Pasadena on Tuesday morning, delivered a load to southern Arkansas, from there got sent to Memphis to pick up a pre-loaded trlr coming right back to pasadena, so I’m going to b home another 3 or 4 days!!!!

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    There used to be a bunch of them in the grass behind the old tank wash and terminal office. I just grabbed one of them.

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    ah....I saw there was an old dock back there as well. Where did the shop use to be, next to where they, now, wash the trailers off? I remember when I started Mac showed me the inside of that old building and WOW was that SMALL! I think Axis's old terminal was slightly larger, by a foot or 2.

10. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I've noticed that Superior now says hiring otr REGIONAL drivers online. I'll be honest, I've been doing really good, so far, this year. However, I've only been out for about 4-5 days then get sent right back home. Good miles, but wrong direction! haha I did FINALLY make it to Holland, MI on the paint run, and where you pick up at can kiss my foot!

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    The shop was in that big building right in the middle of the yard. Dispatch office and drivers room was the small building behind it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.