Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SurfBaker, Jun 29, 2019.

1. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    What's the typical cpm rate on those runs?

From what I've read Highway Transport is a very close corollary to Superior Bulk in terms of how the companies operate. I mentioned in one of the Superior merger talks threads that if things turn into a real crap show at Superior, I could see a lot of the experienced drivers moving over to Highway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Mystykracer pay is .56 on all miles

MYSTYKRACER and SurfBaker Thank this.
  4. SurfBaker

SurfBaker Light Load Member

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    Finally got a load going west! I'm taking a load of mineral oil to Utah, nice 1800 mile run and not too bad on the weather side either. I had a load from Illinois to Ohio that was a pre-loaded trailer with a 1900 pickup time and 0900 delivery the next morning. That got me on the dark side, been running nights since then and now on this long run the 8/2 split, so much easier to run at night. There's really no stress, all the parking you want, no traffic at night, I enjoy it much more than running with the pack during the day. I deliver this load Monday morning in Price, Utah & already knocked it down to 1200 miles left so as long as the weather holds over the Rockies I should get there a little early. My home date is 12/20 so hopefully headed back after this load. I'm taking my 8 here in Missouri at a T/A on I-70, ran almost 400 miles since midnight and I'll be back on the road by 1600 today (Thursday) so I'll knock out another good chunk tonight. Good times!

BigDog Trucker and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. acMinion

acMinion Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fort Hood, TX
    I just killed quite a bit of time reading through your thread. Great details! I just finished my CDL class, test for my hazmat tomorrow. I’ll get getting out of the military at the beginning of the year so I’m looking into different places. Superior seems great. My problem is, I’m 3.5 hours from the Pasadena terminal. Do you think that would be an issue with them or just mean OTR?

I’ve actually got a bunch of questions for you lol

stay safe!

FlaSwampRat and SurfBaker Thank this.
  6. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    2F78F720-2D81-487F-924F-A3727172450D.jpeg 566B59D7-15C5-4CF5-8F67-BD94D318CBEF.jpeg AD30F0B7-E25A-4AAF-86C2-E1852F86CDC6.jpeg

Attached Files:

7. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    Good luck with the hazmat, study those questions online & you’ll do fine bro. Fire away with your questions & I’ll answer to the best of my abilities. The pictures are for MYSTIK, as you can see there’s not much room so you have to be organized. I have a place for everything & I keep it organized. 3.5 hours is definitely too far for anything other than system work or maybe some regional out & backs. I live about 2 hours from my terminal in Lakeland. I try to answer any questions you have. It’s pretty easy work overall. The hardest part for me is dealing with the stress of finding a place to park and backing up and dealing with ########. It’s hard to rise above it sometimes. Most guys & gals at the places we deal with are nice & I always be as nice and friendly as I can to set the tone. It bothers me to hear how some truckers talk to other truckers & how little some care about our world and their fellow humans. I try to focus on the
    Positives like a beautiful sunset or sunrise. It’s definitely hard out here man I ain’t gonna lie.

FlaSwampRat and MYSTYKRACER Thank this.
  8. acMinion

acMinion Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fort Hood, TX

I appreciate that. How’s the pay after training? And do they do a 7 day out to 1 day home set up? So you’re out 2-3 weeks, you get 2-3 days home? Really seems like a company that I could be interested in. I still have a couple of months left before separating, so should I wait a little closer to them to start talking to them? Also, is it the lower 48 or do they don’t regional? I really just don’t want to go to the NE, but I will if I have to!

FlaSwampRat and SurfBaker Thank this.
  9. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    You’ll make some good money while you’re training it pays $20 an hour and most days you’re going to run at least 12 hours. You go out on the road with a trainer for at least 30 days and probably do some local time too but it all pays 20 bucks an hour. You’ll stay in a hotel every night. Superior is about the best company out there when it comes to Hometime you pretty much dictate how long you stay out and when you come home and how long you stay home. There’s no set time out equals home time formula here.You just have to give them at least a week notice for your home date. Give yourself a couple days buffer on that home date and be flexible and nice until it’s time to not be nice. They will drop a load on you the day before your home date because it’s going in that direction that’s why I say give yourself a couple days buffer. They run all 48 states as well as Canada and Mexico but mostly it seems I’m just east of the Rockies. You’ll do the Northeast but it’s not that bad. The worst thing about the Northeast is lack of truckstops and parking. Always make sure you go in there with a full tank and you might have to get creative on where you sleep at night. I hate going to the Northeast too but there’s some good runs That come out of there. You can contact him anytime but they’re just going to tell you to come back when you have CDL in hand. Pasadena is the busiest and biggest terminal we have so you should be able to stay busy. Good luck on everything man and hit me up with any other questions anytime.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. acMinion

acMinion Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fort Hood, TX
    Awesome, I’ve got CDL in hand with tanker endorsement, and tomorrow I’ll test for Hazmat. I’ve still got a couple of months before I’m out of the military, the program I got my CDL through is one of the programs to help soldiers transition out and back into civilian life. But I’m looking to start work while I’m on terminal leave so I don’t have a break in pay so the lights stay on for momma and the babies.

I was pretty set on flatbed, but reading your experience has really made me consider tanker now. Thanks for sharing your journey and stay safe!

11. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    Go ahead and apply online and I would contact the terminal manager as well since you already have your CDL. I did part of my training with no hazmat endorsement. I had passed the test but was waiting for the wheels to turn in the CDL to come in the mail. I did the same thing when I entered this career, did my research very thoroughly and boiled it down to flatbed or tanker. Flatbed would be cool but I didn’t wanna mess with tarps and lashing down everything. Tanker is a little more challenging to drive but it ain’t bad just got to take it really slow around corners ha ha!

FlaSwampRat and acMinion Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.